New card backs - LoS French Cartomancy and Lenormand Oracle Cards

Melia

For anyone interested ...

I recently purchased some back-up copies of these 2 decks, needed because I often work with the additional woman or gentleman card in the tableau spread. I was pleasantly surprised to see both have new card back designs. Was anyone else aware of this?

The bright blue design on the French Cartomancy has been replaced by a floral, coral pink/coffee/and brown design, with a small, reversible, centred 'L' logo. Very nice. The card backs on the Lenormand Oracle Cards have the exact same design, but with a different colouring - pale green/sage/and indigo.

The French Cartomancy now comes in a cream coloured box, instead of a blue box.
The Lenormand Oracle Cards come in a bright blue box, instead of a red box.

I always disliked the card backs on both these decks, but kudos to LoS for changing them to something that is far more pleasing to the eye. The French Cartomancy was my first Lenormand and is my favourite, but with the new card backs, I love it even more.

rachelcat

Thanks for the heads-up on this. I might have to trade mine in for better backs. (The green back with the Child is just . . . ugh!)

WolfyJames

I shall hunt for a newer version then!

greatdane

Wondering what I will get?

I ordered the Lenormand Oracle from Book Depo about a week ago. The one they sent me a couple years ago was really blurry and I wound up gifting it to someone who wanted it.
Hoping the new one I get will at least be clearer. It would be great if the backs were different that the meh colored green too. But I would be happy if the images were just clear!

Emily

I ordered the Lenormand Oracle from Book Depo about a week ago. The one they sent me a couple years ago was really blurry and I wound up gifting it to someone who wanted it.
Hoping the new one I get will at least be clearer. It would be great if the backs were different that the meh colored green too. But I would be happy if the images were just clear!

Mine is blurry too. I bought it back in 2008 and some of the cards look like they have a slight double image, it was enough to put me off. You'll have to post when you have it if the images are clearer, maybe I'll get another one. :)

Le Fanu

when someone orders one from amazon UK or the Uk Book Depository and gets the new edition, let me know. I already have god knows how many copies of the others and don't want to risk getting another with the same backs and I'm curious to see the new ones.

I never saw anything wrong with the French Cartomancy deck backs. I always rather liked them (I think the name could be changed since it depicts a German deck).

The Lenormand Oracle backs with the child card were not nice.

greatdane

Will post when new Lenormand Oracle arrives

Well, since I think mine is coming from the same place those in the UK get theirs (it certainly takes long enough and I got an international shipping notation), hopefully I can shed some light for others regarding this one. I know when ordering from Amazon, there are a ton of warehouses items may come from in the U.S., but I don't know regarding Book Depository, but I would think whichever they offer is whichever they offer.
I ordered my other Lenormand Oracle from Book Depo about 2011 and yes, Emily, sounds like we had the exact same experience, the Birds were like double vision, but really all the cards were NOT clear enough. I even contacted LoS about where to order from and the experience I had before and they just said if you get another copy like that, send it to us. Well, that's not happening. For 8 dollars U.S. I wouldn't bother, but I'm hoping there will not be a problem with this one. Sounds like there are some new editions out.
I got the notice it was sent about three days ago, so I shall know soon!

Melia

P.S. I ordered my decks from BD U.S. I can't post images here, but if anyone would like to see the new card backs, PM me and I will email the images to you.

greatdane

Hi Melia

My biggest concern is if the images look clear or blurry. Can you confirm please?

auntie

Melia, would you please send me the link to Book Depository in the US? For some reason, I only get the one in Guernsey - and I'm in NY.