Hot Flash Help

Tobaira

Hi, everyone. I would really appreciate your help please. My mother has been having menopausal hot flashes for a couple of years now, and they're making her nuts! These are some pretty heavy duty "personal summers." She's been to two physicians and not been able to get any relief with the medications they have given her. I am very new to crystals and have tried doing research into this but haven't come up with anything. I've found crystals to help with periods, but Mom had a hysterectomy years ago, so I don't think those would be applicable. Do you know of any stones which might help her? I'm grateful for any suggestions you might have!

Padma

I just looked in my crystal bible and it says for fevers to use blue sapphire or clear fluorite.
Also chrysocolla and blue lace agate, if preferred - cooling stones :)

For menopause, it lists chrysocolla, emerald, green fluorite, selenite, kunzite, red jasper, heliotrope, jade, moonstone, rose quartz.

Rose quartz is extremely soothing and is a lovely stone to use. I would think a combo of clear fluorite and green fluorite would help :)

Good luck to your mother, having had the hot flash ordeal myself, I understand how awful it is! I suffered from them for about 5 years before they pretty much went away. I still have the occasional one, but not nearly so bad as it was! :heart:

Tobaira

Wow! Thank you Lotus Padma! Thank you so much! I can't wait to give these a try. I'm glad your flashes have calmed down!

Tobaira

YDM42, thank you! Mom's always liked Moonstone. Hmmm. Apple cider vinegar in water. Amazing. And thank you for the links! Some great material. A thousand thank you's!

Padma

Wow! Thank you Lotus Padma! Thank you so much! I can't wait to give these a try. I'm glad your flashes have calmed down!

No problems, glad to help, Tobaira. :heart:

Myself I found carrying a piece of black tourmaline, always, in my trouser pocket helped a lot - in many ways, and with many things. I know it isn't listed in the "good for menopause" stones, but I find it to be a real little workhorse of a crystal! And also - on the homeopathic principle that "like cures like" - she could try Vesuvianite. Make sure it is really Vesuvianite, from Mount Vesuvius, and not the more common idocrase from Quebec or the States. Myself I just love the soothing from that stone! And it is such a lovely lake green...like water :)

http://crystal-cure.com/vesuvianite.html

Hth!

Tobaira

Oooh! That stone is pretty! You've been very generous with your help, Lotus Padma. I thank you. And I know Mom will thank you!!!

Padma

I can relate to your poor mother, lol! :laugh:

For herbal help I forgot to mention she can try oil of evening primrose along with black cohosh. Both remedies are time-worn, tested and true, and both can be easily picked up at any pharmacy.

The other thing you can tell her about is Emerita Pro-Gest cream, it is all natural and plant based and it does work, I used it the first year. Hard to get except in the States - there it is easy to find.

:)

Hemera

I agree with everything Lotus Padma says.

I´d like to add that I stopped suffering from them once I decided they are probably good for me in some way. Nature has a meaning in all things and I suspect also with this. I´m forgetting where I read it but they have been researching the possibility that hot flashes are nature´s way of strengthening our blood vessels-or something like that. True or not, I just thought it was a nice idea that they are probably good for me in some way. I don´t need to fight them but I need to accept them. I need to slow down with my life,too, end enjoy it more.

Tobaira

I've ordered some of the stones that have been recommended and plan to pop by the local health foods shop and see if I can find some oil of evening primrose or Emerita Pro-Gest cream. Trying to get her to slow down a bit - now that's another story! lol I can't thank you, Lotus Padma, YDM42, and Hemera, enough for your help! You've been wonderful!