Crystals to cleanse tarot decks?

Awkward.turtle91

What are the best crystals to cleanse tarot or oracle decks instead of using the sticks?? I'm not keen on the smell?

Also what's the best crystal to have near you when you do a reading?

I use Quartz & Rose Quartz at the moment?
Any advice?
X

Redfaery

When you say "sticks" do you mean sage? Because there are lots of other cleansing incenses you could use that have much more pleasant smells. ;)

I keep a citrine in the pouch with my Shadowscapes deck, but I think a black tourmaline would work well too. They're easy to find and quite inexpensive.

Awkward.turtle91

When you say "sticks" do you mean sage? Because there are lots of other cleansing incenses you could use that have much more pleasant smells. ;)

I keep a citrine in the pouch with my Shadowscapes deck, but I think a black tourmaline would work well too. They're easy to find and quite inexpensive.

Yes I do I have forgotten what they were called!! I'm not a fan off anything I have to light (I'm naturally quite clumsy, so I'm afraid I might drop the match etc) sounds lame I know!!

I never thought about Citrine or tourmaline.

Do you use Tumble or clusters
xx

rainboweve

I had to think about this one a bit, but I'm going to say rose quartz, fluorite, or grounding stones such as obsidian.

For me personally it would depend on what exactly I am trying to cleanse the deck of :) I would use rose quartz to "heal" my deck of past readings with less than positive energies and infuse it with love, fluorite to "freshen up" my deck if nothing negative had come up recently - just a routine cleanse, and obsidian to draw out any very negative energies imparted to it by a less than pleasant querent. I would also use obsidian in the case that my deck has been seeing a lot of action lately, just to give it a bit of a rest - basically grounding the energy of the deck.

That's just what I would do personally, though, so with some trial and error I'm sure you'll figure out what works best for you :)

MissNine

The clear/white sticks I use are selenite.

Dancing Voice

I use Quartz and Rose Quartz. Every so often I like to do a big cleanse, then I work with a different deck whilst I cleanse each card individually over a period of about 7 days.

Awkward.turtle91

I had to think about this one a bit, but I'm going to say rose quartz, fluorite, or grounding stones such as obsidian.

For me personally it would depend on what exactly I am trying to cleanse the deck of :) I would use rose quartz to "heal" my deck of past readings with less than positive energies and infuse it with love, fluorite to "freshen up" my deck if nothing negative had come up recently - just a routine cleanse, and obsidian to draw out any very negative energies imparted to it by a less than pleasant querent. I would also use obsidian in the case that my deck has been seeing a lot of action lately, just to give it a bit of a rest - basically grounding the energy of the deck.

That's just what I would do personally, though, so with some trial and error I'm sure you'll figure out what works best for you :)

Obsidian of course!! I forgot about that little gem!! Do you leave the cluster in the bag with the deck over night?

X

Awkward.turtle91

I use Quartz and Rose Quartz. Every so often I like to do a big cleanse, then I work with a different deck whilst I cleanse each card individually over a period of about 7 days.

I like to use Quartz and Rose quartz on some decks but when I do readings for others I don't always find it to be affective when I do a read my self, and well the full mon doesn't always come out!

X

Awkward.turtle91

I will have a look into it I haven't heard off that before!
X

rainboweve

Obsidian of course!! I forgot about that little gem!! Do you leave the cluster in the bag with the deck over night?

X

I usually just leave the gem on top of the deck, bag or not for a while. Over night would be good as you won't be needing your deck while you sleep, but I've been known to simply leave it for a few hours.