Rocks that feels too strong

Adriana

Ive had some experiences with what I can remember 4 rocks that at the time I used them caused uncomfortable reactions because they were so strong. Is this a good or bad thing? What does it mean... And have you had similar experiences?

I was wearing a pointy clear quartz crystal around my neck when I was younger. I love clear quartz, and also liked this one. But whenever I had it there for more than 15 mins I would get so hot, almost like I had fever. But at the same time I felt very focused and centered. But I had to remove it. Anyone else that has felt that way? And does it mean I shouldnt use it, or that its actually a good thing?

I had a smoky quartz ariound the same time. For some reason I had to get rid of it, it was just too heavy for me. This one was almost black. I usually like smoky quartz, so it was a bit weird.

I held a howlite in my hand and it felt like burning. I even had a vague reddish like around the edge of where the rock lied in my hand :S

I meditated with a rhodocrosite and well, it got into some deep emotional stuff that was too heavy for me to handle. But this has been over 10 yars, maybe I could try it again hehe

celticnoodle

Ive had some experiences with what I can remember 4 rocks that at the time I used them caused uncomfortable reactions because they were so strong. Is this a good or bad thing?
An uncomfortable reaction is bad, naturally--but it doesn't necessarily mean you may NEVER be able to use them. It really depends I guess. reactions can be both bad and good--depending on what the reaction is, obviously. you said you were having uncomforable reactions. so that is bad.

What does it mean... And have you had similar experiences?
generally it means you are just sensitive to that particular crystal(s) and their properties. Though, it could I guess also be if it needed cleansing, too. there are probably hundreds of meanings that could be given.

Yes, I have had the same experiences--specifically with two crystals that I can think of right now. The first one is my moldavite, which I have a thread here about. Basically when I first got the moldavite, I was getting severe migraine headaches from it. This, I found out, wasn't such an odd occurence, and could be remedied by getting another crystal (I picked a pietersite) that could help to tone it down. I also eased my way into being able to handle the moldavite on my person by exposing myself to it a little bit each day. I couldn't even be in the same room with it for a long time. But, after awhile, we became great friends and I began to wear it on a daily basis with the pietersite without any issues.

However, just a few weeks ago, I began to notice that I was very edgy and aggressive and this is not like me at all really. I didn't know what it was from and one day in meditation it came to me--it was my moldavite! I had to take it off and stop wearing it, sadly--and I put it in a place where it could be cleansed.

I also recently purchased a much wanted scolecite crystal--2 of them to be exact. I put one on my nightstand and the other inside my pillow case to help me get a good nights sleep. However, I got anything BUT that! So the 2nd night, I put both on my nightstand and slept much better. I've yet to do anything else with it but plan to meditate with the it.
I was wearing a pointy clear quartz crystal around my neck when I was younger. I love clear quartz, and also liked this one. But whenever I had it there for more than 15 mins I would get so hot, almost like I had fever. But at the same time I felt very focused and centered. But I had to remove it. Anyone else that has felt that way? And does it mean I shouldnt use it, or that its actually a good thing?

:) yes, I also love the clear quartz crystals. You may want to research to find a second crystal that will work with the quartz, and tone it down a bit. Something you would wear WITH your clear quartz crystal. When you do research for a particular crystal, find one that will work well also with your side effects, perhaps? (so you may want to look for a crystal that helps to moderate body temperature/reduce fever, etc. )

No, it doesn't necessarily mean you shouldn't use it. Many times you just need to slowly introduce yourself to using it. Take your time getting use to it before wearing it again. Keep it in another room then the one you are in most often. With my above moldavite, I kept it in a spare bedroom that was only used for visiting guests and my meditations. when I meditated in there though, I'd take it out and put it in my bedroom for the time being. :laugh: though sometimes I would also meditate (shortly) with it. I went through this for about a month or so, I guess.

I had a smoky quartz ariound the same time. For some reason I had to get rid of it, it was just too heavy for me. This one was almost black. I usually like smoky quartz, so it was a bit weird.

ah, yeah...well I do find that black or very dark stones generally are very heavy in energy. Now, maybe you should look for one that isn't so dark in color or finding yet again, another crystal that can help with it.

I held a howlite in my hand and it felt like burning. I even had a vague reddish like around the edge of where the rock lied in my hand :S
wow! you are sensitive to crystals! I like howlites too, and I find them so gentle and calming. but, anyone can react differently to different crystals.

I meditated with a rhodocrosite and well, it got into some deep emotional stuff that was too heavy for me to handle. But this has been over 10 yars, maybe I could try it again hehe
Here, I would suggest not meditating with it again if this happens until you have again eased yourself into being with this crystal. I know this is a crystal that is very good for bringing healing for heavy emotional traumas. Perhaps if there was something that was emotionally traumatic for you--you need to work on getting past that before really meditating heavily with this. Maybe carrying it on your person, but not meditating with it first--at least for awhile? Then, when you do begin to meditate again with it--do very short meditations. maybe a 5 minute one the first few times to see how you react to it.

Good luck with your crystals. keep us posted on how things go for you with them.

DDwarks

That's super sensitive! You poor thing!

Have you tried simply using a good old standard stone/ pebble/ seashell/ tree leaf etc...?

You could be more suited to earth below energies?

If you give them a good clean and love them just like you love your fancy crystals, they'll do wonders for you too x

Adriana

celticnoodle, its interesting to hear about your moldavite, I will go and look at the thread.
I had one once.. Its the only stone Ive ever had that I lost .... Uhum, whatever that means lol

I was thinking maybe that a stone giving good feelings would be best, but I rather they affect me than not at all hehe. Thats why I asked about this, as maybe at times an uncomfortable reaction to a stone maybe means we need it? Just that we are not used to the energies, or it is something we need to work on.

There are only 4 such experiences Ive had, most my stones I dont feel so much with, they just look pretty hehe, and some I have very good experiences with, like my tiny clear quartz crystal ball (we had a fall out at first when I tried to force it to tell me the future by prying into it, which didnt work, and I felt some negativity from it, but after some basking in the Sun it totally became a sweetheart , I really love just having it in my pocket, I feel more in tune with myself). So maybe that little ball just needed some cleansing as you say, celticnoodle :)

Also thanks for the note about using a second crystal to help. I generally always use a hemattitte by my butt when I meditate with another crystal, I tend to go off into the sky like a balloon, and the hematite holds the string so to speak :D
But I will think more about that.

I have no idea about the effect the howlite had on my hand, Ive never had that experience before or after. Maybe it had something on it I am allergic to lol
So Im not really that sensitive, but some rocks really get to me. I always keep in mind how I just maybe imagine feeling things, but I clearly saw the reddish line in my hand..

celticnoodle

celticnoodle, its interesting to hear about your moldavite, I will go and look at the thread.
I had one once.. Its the only stone Ive ever had that I lost .... Uhum, whatever that means lol
Oh, how sad that you lost it! I hope it finds its way back to you or at least to someone who will cherish it.
I was thinking maybe that a stone giving good feelings would be best, but I rather they affect me than not at all hehe. Thats why I asked about this, as maybe at times an uncomfortable reaction to a stone maybe means we need it? Just that we are not used to the energies, or it is something we need to work on.

yes, I agree.

There are only 4 such experiences Ive had, most my stones I dont feel so much with, they just look pretty hehe, and some I have very good experiences with, like my tiny clear quartz crystal ball (we had a fall out at first when I tried to force it to tell me the future by prying into it, which didnt work, and I felt some negativity from it, but after some basking in the Sun it totally became a sweetheart , I really love just having it in my pocket, I feel more in tune with myself). So maybe that little ball just needed some cleansing as you say, celticnoodle :)

Also thanks for the note about using a second crystal to help. I generally always use a hemattitte by my butt when I meditate with another crystal, I tend to go off into the sky like a balloon, and the hematite holds the string so to speak :D
But I will think more about that.
:laugh: I love that about your hemattitte! :D

I have no idea about the effect the howlite had on my hand, Ive never had that experience before or after. Maybe it had something on it I am allergic to lol
So Im not really that sensitive, but some rocks really get to me. I always keep in mind how I just maybe imagine feeling things, but I clearly saw the reddish line in my hand..
yes, that is possible. some trace of dirt or something that wasn't visible perhaps, even?

as for my crystal thread on the moldavite, if you want to read it, here is teh link:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=259193&highlight=moldavite

and then a new one for my scolecite crystals:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=260468&highlight=moldavite