The High Priestess as Mental Health? Two of Cups as advice?

jenster

Duh! I'm so stupid sometimes. :bugeyed:

The High Priestess has a lot of secrets. We never know our loved ones as well as we think we do. Even in the healthiest of relationships, there are mysteries and that's a good thing. Respecting that is a very positive thing, too, even though it doesn't seem like it would be.

For the 2 of Cups as how she can help him, she should let him know she's there if he ever does decide to share and just let him keep his privacy until the time he decides to share more with her, if he ever does decide to. No prying or trying to figure out what's going on with him. Just love and respectful patience.

Thank you, that's a good angle.

jenster

Could it be a diagnosis he hasn't yet shared with the client?

Or otherwise, something complex requiring more testing to diagnose? Ruth HP, I usually see info not yet ready to come out.

Yes, it could be. He is rather shut off.

jenster

The way I would read this combo is his emotional state of mind is cut off from reality, he finds it easier to cope mentally and emotionally if he distances himself from others by putting up a wall of silence when others try to show there concern, with advice being two of Cups it shows that just being there and offering love and understanding to him is what will eventually bring him back out of his silent wall he has put up around him.

This just how I would read these cards, and maybe my take can give you another viewpoint on the reading you did.

This is the absolute closest to the truth (as I've perceived but didn't word it) I can fathom. I think I was getting to this but you brought it home. Thank you.

violetdaisy

Maybe the issue is that he IS keeping everything inside. That can definitely cause emotional issues. I agree that 2c has to do with being available and supportive ... try to arrange "natural" and comfortable opportunities for him to share what's going on inside. My dh is bad about "bottling" and...then exploding. But thankfully I've known him long enough to see when it's time to arrange time. And invariably he'll vent, or break down, depending. And I'll be quiet, and let him do his thing, and just be available for him.

jenster

Maybe the issue is that he IS keeping everything inside. That can definitely cause emotional issues. I agree that 2c has to do with being available and supportive ... try to arrange "natural" and comfortable opportunities for him to share what's going on inside. My dh is bad about "bottling" and...then exploding. But thankfully I've known him long enough to see when it's time to arrange time. And invariably he'll vent, or break down, depending. And I'll be quiet, and let him do his thing, and just be available for him.

Maybe..

danieljuk

I once read the very sad story of someone who felt they were being plagued by their psychic ability and were abandoning divination and blocking everything psychic. This is the High Priestess as a mental health problem. They are not getting in touch with or handling their intuition link which is a gift! They can see beyond the curtain or maybe they have taken a peak but want to block it or can't handle it. They need to learn how to use this skill and control it, they can't ignore it or just not listen to their intuition. It's affecting their mental health!

How can they help him? 2 of Cups well they need to find someone like a healer or a spiritual person who can teach them how to handle their side they cannot deal with or blocking. They need to get in touch with this area of themselves!

magicjack

I was thinking along those lines as well. Some people are empathic and tend to take on others sadness and anxieties. Just being aware of this sometimes can help a person understand there deppresion. On the other hand, it might be a good idea for this person to actually seek some medical advice. (2 of cups).

lovethecards

I had this card come up a lot when I was going through a depression. To me The High Priestess represents like others have said someone who has cut themselves off from reality. It is a very intuitive person who is very connected to the spiritual world. But it represented a time where I isolated myself from others. I had a hard time coping with the demands of real life. So I spent a lot of time thinking about things in my head. Which can be a strength (in moderation). I think the High Priestess gives a warning to find a balance between the physical world versus the spiritual one. To make sure that you are focused on the reality of your situation vs. letting your emotions get the better of you.

Also with the High Priestess there is great intuitive abilities, but sometimes the intuition can be misguided. I became so reliant on my intuition and created this own reality in my head which was so far from the truth. I created so much pain and confusion in my mind, when nothing in the physical world had actually taken place. It was all in the mind.

I was so passive when it came to life, I felt like I just had to take all these things that were happening to me, but wasn't actually taking any action to solve my problems. Again felt trapped by my own thoughts- they in a way held me back from taking the steps I needed to sooner.

Hopefully it's not too confusing, this is just my experience with THP as mental health :)

The thing is with the High Priestess is there is a double standard. THP expects to know the deepest darkest secrets, but is very guarded when it comes to sharing anything about them. You could have known this person for years, but at times they still feel like a stranger. So I can imagine how your friend must feel if this is her partner. …the 2 of cups I think points that she must continue to nurture and love the partner but more importantly the partner represented by the High Priestess needs to learn to love himself. Whether he finds that through counselling, a new hobby (whatever it may be) …he needs to take the time to heal himself from within. Because he won't feel truly loved until he experiences self-love.

I remember when THP kept coming up- I wanted to be loved so much…but I had to ask myself the question: how can i expect someone else to love me if I don't even love myself?

headincloud

We often feel unsociable and unable to cope with new people under the HP influence because so much is shifting from our depths, our psyche is expanding and we need quiet time to assimilate so I can understand how it could be mistaken as depression. With 2C there may be considerations of deeper commitment he's exploring and if so it's a private journey but no doubt he'll open back up when he's ready, perhaps he needs a little space because HP seems to be withdrawing from the 2C.