is marriage in store for me?

lepleadian

hi people
i hope i'm posting in the right thread....
after meeting A i really have had strong connection with him and is was love at sight :D
I Have had some reading by readers here (which i appriciate them). i really need some unbiased thoughts, i mean i dont want to lie myself...i have got the hierophant in what will happen for me and him in the future...which is to me one step improvement if i'm casually dating it would be more serious, it is a card of commitment

than i asked the card wil i marry him? i got chariot i know it is a victory card..and i got it previously and i really like this card...but in romance i have never seen it before....but i read somewhere that "it could also be serious disagreements in a relationship where there's no meeting of the minds, with each being determined to have their own way. There's the charioteer holding the reins and trying to keep things under control, but it would still be a battle all the way instead of the two horses docilely pulling in unison"/quote

can someone help me with their thoughts...? thnx a lot

nisaba

Was it *love* at first sight - or desire at first sight? Love is about having the same beliefs, ethics and baselines, compatible lifestyles, even compatible body-odour. A lot of these things take months or even years to uncover. Until then, all we ever have is desire to keep us interested in finding out more about them so that we can work out if it is love or not.

"Will I marry him" is a yes/no question. Tarot is not good at yes-no - it goes in for wordy discussions.

Also, consider this: if you ever work out whether your particular deck meant "yes" or "no" by producing the Chariot card, did you ask about the quality of the possible marriage? Like ... the answer might be YES ... but within six months we will hate each other, and in two years one of our bodies will be found floating in a nearby river with eight stab-wounds and the other one of us will have fled the country. Or the answer might be YES, but mental illness and suspicion will destroy everything we have. Or the answer might be NO, and that turns out to be a lucky escape because both of you find other people that make you much more happy.

Asking a yes/no question about whether you will marry tells you nothing about whether any life with that person will be happy or terribly miserable: I know married people who are happy, married people who are desperate to escape, and single people who are blissfully happy.

It seems to me that what you really wanted to ask was *not* a yes/no question, but something like "how will this person and I get along together? Will we be better off together or apart? Is there someone more compatible with me that I haven't met yet?" and all that sort of thing. Structure a spread to tell you what you REALLY want to know, not one that doesn't tell you what you need to know.

lepleadian

Was it *love* at first sight - or desire at first sight? Love is about having the same beliefs, ethics and baselines, compatible lifestyles, even compatible body-odour. A lot of these things take months or even years to uncover. Until then, all we ever have is desire to keep us interested in finding out more about them so that we can work out if it is love or not.

"Will I marry him" is a yes/no question. Tarot is not good at yes-no - it goes in for wordy discussions.

Also, consider this: if you ever work out whether your particular deck meant "yes" or "no" by producing the Chariot card, did you ask about the quality of the possible marriage? Like ... the answer might be YES ... but within six months we will hate each other, and in two years one of our bodies will be found floating in a nearby river with eight stab-wounds and the other one of us will have fled the country. Or the answer might be YES, but mental illness and suspicion will destroy everything we have. Or the answer might be NO, and that turns out to be a lucky escape because both of you find other people that make you much more happy.

Asking a yes/no question about whether you will marry tells you nothing about whether any life with that person will be happy or terribly miserable: I know married people who are happy, married people who are desperate to escape, and single people who are blissfully happy.

It seems to me that what you really wanted to ask was *not* a yes/no question, but something like "how will this person and I get along together? Will we be better off together or apart? Is there someone more compatible with me that I haven't met yet?" and all that sort of thing. Structure a spread to tell you what you REALLY want to know, not one that doesn't tell you what you need to know.

omg this is cool;
nobody told me that before, neither i have read something close to this....i usually have had the chariot card as a yes card, but you were right, there is needed work and time till i reach that marriage......and marriage does not ahve to be the final destination...even though i'm happy with my life (single life) & and i love myself
thnk you so much for spending time reading my reading :)

spookyboo22

hi people
i hope i'm posting in the right thread....
after meeting A i really have had strong connection with him and is was love at sight :D
I Have had some reading by readers here (which i appriciate them). i really need some unbiased thoughts, i mean i dont want to lie myself...i have got the hierophant in what will happen for me and him in the future...which is to me one step improvement if i'm casually dating it would be more serious, it is a card of commitment

than i asked the card wil i marry him? i got chariot i know it is a victory card..and i got it previously and i really like this card...but in romance i have never seen it before....but i read somewhere that "it could also be serious disagreements in a relationship where there's no meeting of the minds, with each being determined to have their own way. There's the charioteer holding the reins and trying to keep things under control, but it would still be a battle all the way instead of the two horses docilely pulling in unison"/quote

can someone help me with their thoughts...? thnx a lot

Hi

I think these are two good cards and you have reason to be optimistic

One thing I would say about the Heirophant is you will have to be patient.
Let him come to you!
He's about traditional roles and thinking. If you go steaming in there and try and grab him he will run away.
I see The Chariot as a great card for relationships.
He has to come to this decision on his own though.
Good luck with him x

lepleadian

Hi

I think these are two good cards and you have reason to be optimistic

One thing I would say about the Heirophant is you will have to be patient.
Let him come to you!
He's about traditional roles and thinking. If you go steaming in there and try and grab him he will run away.
I see The Chariot as a great card for relationships.
He has to come to this decision on his own though.
Good luck with him x

thnk youb so much. This was also my plan, actually i'm ture of approaching others, and if everything happens i want t happen bcz of universe wanted
thnks for your thoughts

Thirteen

Take up the reins

As Nisaba pointed out, the tarot isn't the best tool for yes/no question. You'd be better off flipping a coin. But even if we take the Chariot for a "yes" the tarot's "yes" is never a simple "yes." Because the tarot isn't a fairy godmother granting you a wish. I mean, think about it. Cinderella asks, "Will I go to the ball?" and the godmother says, "Yes, because I'm going to magically give you a carriage and gown and a make-over..." But your tarot cards aren't going to give you this guy in marriage, are they? They're not going to make him love you or want to marry you. YOU are going to make him want to love you and marry you, I would hope.

This is one of the most common mistakes people make with the cards. They see a "yes" to a "will I get what I want?" question and think, "Oh, good, now I can just stay at home and binge watch Game of Thrones. I don't have to do a thing more. What I want is on it's way..." As if, in doing that spread and getting a positive, you ordered a "happily-ever-after" future and it will arrive on your doorstep in a few days ;) The future is changing all the time depending on what you do or do not do--especially when it comes to relationships. If you stay home and binge watch GoT instead of working on this relationship, well, that "yes" may turn into a "no" when you do a new spread.

So when you look at the Chariot, you can't see "yes/no." You have to see what you need to do in order to make sure that "yes" happens. The Chariot is about determination, about focusing on what you want, and it's about making sure every part of the relationship works towards that. Let nothing get in the way of that goal. If you re-read your first post, it seems like you're doing a lot of spreads about this person and the relationship. That signals to me that you're doubtful, worried, uncertain. And the tarot just told you "that's not good if you're after marrying this person." Putting it another way, the Chariot may be saying: Stop doing spreads about this. Stop doubting and worrying and trying to see if it's fated to end in marriage...If marriage is what you want, you can have it. But you need to lay down the cards and the doubts and the fears. Take up the reins and go after it.

lepleadian

As Nisaba pointed out, the tarot isn't the best tool for yes/no question. You'd be better off flipping a coin. But even if we take the Chariot for a "yes" the tarot's "yes" is never a simple "yes." Because the tarot isn't a fairy godmother granting you a wish. I mean, think about it. Cinderella asks, "Will I go to the ball?" and the godmother says, "Yes, because I'm going to magically give you a carriage and gown and a make-over..." But your tarot cards aren't going to give you this guy in marriage, are they? They're not going to make him love you or want to marry you. YOU are going to make him want to love you and marry you, I would hope.

This is one of the most common mistakes people make with the cards. They see a "yes" to a "will I get what I want?" question and think, "Oh, good, now I can just stay at home and binge watch Game of Thrones. I don't have to do a thing more. What I want is on it's way..." As if, in doing that spread and getting a positive, you ordered a "happily-ever-after" future and it will arrive on your doorstep in a few days ;) The future is changing all the time depending on what you do or do not do--especially when it comes to relationships. If you stay home and binge watch GoT instead of working on this relationship, well, that "yes" may turn into a "no" when you do a new spread.

So when you look at the Chariot, you can't see "yes/no." You have to see what you need to do in order to make sure that "yes" happens. The Chariot is about determination, about focusing on what you want, and it's about making sure every part of the relationship works towards that. Let nothing get in the way of that goal. If you re-read your first post, it seems like you're doing a lot of spreads about this person and the relationship. That signals to me that you're doubtful, worried, uncertain. And the tarot just told you "that's not good if you're after marrying this person." Putting it another way, the Chariot may be saying: Stop doing spreads about this. Stop doubting and worrying and trying to see if it's fated to end in marriage...If marriage is what you want, you can have it. But you need to lay down the cards and the doubts and the fears. Take up the reins and go after it.

omg omg!! you commented in my threaddd.......yess you are right actually i ahve been feeling strange for this new guy and i'm workaholic person,work toward a goal and the fact that the card told me that, i do not take it for granted and never expect that will happen with % security, it just gives me hope for me to work it...i had the chariot as a result of my project and it really inspired me to work...thnx so much for the insights

lepleadian

Thirteen i forgot i reaallly admire your insights, and i have to thank you cos i have read most of yor posts and they are great, i'm so exciteed to talk to you :)

Thirteen

Thirteen i forgot i reaallly admire your insights, and i have to thank you cos i have read most of yor posts and they are great, i'm so exciteed to talk to you :)
:D And thank you for giving us all a chance to post such insights. Believe me, this forum is a two-way street. Such thoughts come to me and others thanks to questions like yours. And often, when we come up with these answers, they benefit us as much as they do you. :)