6 of Cups-Representing a soul mate?

WolfSwan

It depends on the surrounding cards. If there's Lovers and perhaps Judgement I would be inclined to think it's a soulmate relationship or a karmic relationship. Only because this has come up for me when my last karmic relationship was being asked about - specifically around if it was a past life connection! Also if it's paired with 2 Cups. That's a soulmate link in the Gilded Tarot imo :)

Sibylline

The 6 doesn't always foretell a romantic relationship in my readings. I would look for a card like the Lovers for that. Instead, the 6 carries a very particular soulmate vibe concerning friendships.

In my readings, it's always a sweet card but with a big caveat. The two of you could pop into each other's lives to help each other learn a necessary life lesson. The life lesson might be either delightful and/or painful.

You know the 6 of cups by how the two of you relate to each other. For me, the essence of this 6 is very child-like...in a good way. Think about how young children become friends with each other. It's innocent and it happens very quickly, right?

In adult relationships, it could feel like an instant gravitational pull. You might have become close friends quickly and may have a shocking amount of things in common. The conversations can be really engaging, you might share a lot of laughs, and have fun when you talk to that person. You might even feel somewhere in your heart that you've met this person before. That's the soulmate essence of the 6 in my readings.

Unless other cards say otherwise, the 6 of cups doesn't last forever. It can end badly and/or abruptly. It could also progress to something more. But, I always find I come out of a 6 of cups friendship learning a lot about myself that has changed my outlook on friendships and relationships forever.

WondererW

The 6 doesn't always foretell a romantic relationship in my readings. I would look for a card like the Lovers for that. Instead, the 6 carries a very particular soulmate vibe concerning friendships.

In my readings, it's always a sweet card but with a big caveat. The two of you could pop into each other's lives to help each other learn a necessary life lesson. The life lesson might be either delightful and/or painful.

You know the 6 of cups by how the two of you relate to each other. For me, the essence of this 6 is very child-like...in a good way. Think about how young children become friends with each other. It's innocent and it happens very quickly, right?

In adult relationships, it could feel like an instant gravitational pull. You might have become close friends quickly and may have a shocking amount of things in common. The conversations can be really engaging, you might share a lot of laughs, and have fun when you talk to that person. You might even feel somewhere in your heart that you've met this person before. That's the soulmate essence of the 6 in my readings.

Unless other cards say otherwise, the 6 of cups doesn't last forever. It can end badly and/or abruptly. It could also progress to something more. But, I always find I come out of a 6 of cups friendship learning a lot about myself that has changed my outlook on friendships and relationships forever.

Sibylline, I couldn't agree more with your version of the Six of Cups for soulmate relationships. I'm going through one at the moment and even though it's not physical (I'd like it to be) but he does not, it feels as though we are very comfortable with each other. And Six years passed between contact yet it felt like yesterday- he said that too.
Also, I feel this particular one is here to help me through a painful life lesson. And even though i am trying to hand on to him, once that lesson is finally learnt, he will, and is, slipping from my grasp.

Bless. I wish I could tell him how much he has meant to me during those dark times