reading for a mistress

Audeo

So the question she has is about conflicts she's having with her lover? As in, he and she are having arguments and difficulties over things? And the 7 of Swords is in the position of what causes the conflicts? or how to avoid the conflicts?

The Devil can be associated with addictions, and sexual addiction is just as destructive as any other addiction. People who are unfaithful are often sex addicts and they're addicted to the point that they're not sexually faithful to anyone, no matter who they are or how much commitment their partners think there is. I think the 7 of Swords is most likely a sign that he's not any more faithful to his mistress than he is to his wife. I'm with Prudence here on that one.

Thinking outside the box is a good suggestion. But I suggest thinking outside the box as well about what she can do for her own peace of mind and well-being in case something comes up about yet another woman in the picture. The 3 of Cups has three women in the image, so it very well could mean that there are three women in his romantic life and that she only knows about the wife.

That could make sense for her situation. since its "sex on the side" more than emotional, perhaps he has more than one sex on the side girl...

the question regarding the challenge aspect is that when I do a reading for her there is a "challenges" position in the spread and the 7 of swords seems to find its place there more often than not. Initially I just read that as the challenges associated with the clandestine nature of the relationship. but this got me thinking (as I saw other cards indicating infidelity) that perhaps the issues were a little more nuanced and I wasnt looking deeply enough and just taking the first "easiest" reading that came to mind. her specific question for this particular reading was "will her lover come to see her soon" apparently he lives in a different city. - this is why i kinda like the more than the wife and mistress angle since its entirely possible, and somewhat supported by other cards ive pulled - IE warning about an affair, not meaning theirs, but his and someone elses.

Audeo

again thank you everyone for the ideas. does anyone have any suggestions for a specific deck that works better for dealing with love triangles...or squares etc lol?

Victoria's Finest

again thank you everyone for the ideas. does anyone have any suggestions for a specific deck that works better for dealing with love triangles...or squares etc lol?
I haven't read through this thread but saw this last post of yours come up and wanted to reply. I don't have this one (it's on my wishlist though, heehee) but I've been told the Crystal Visions deck is good for relationship readings.

Grizabella

There's a heart-shaped deck I saw somewhere awhile back. There's also the Lover's Path Tarot. The one I use most at the moment is Lo Scarabeo's Romantic Tarot.

Grizabella

Hmmm. interesting perspectives, i would have never thought of many of those. thanks all. when she comes to see me this weekend if she asks for a relationship spread maybe I will post her reading in the other thread and get thoughts. it'll be interesting to see what comes up.

I'm not so sure you should post her reading here. Readings are private and quite confidential. At least you'll need to get her permission, I think. This is the internet where nothing is sacred and everything is put "out there" for others to find if they have the desire or expertise. Ask Rodney what he thinks about it just to be sure.

headincloud

I'm not so sure you should post her reading here. Readings are private and quite confidential. At least you'll need to get her permission, I think. This is the internet where nothing is sacred and everything is put "out there" for others to find if they have the desire or expertise. Ask Rodney what he thinks about it just to be sure.

The forum is full of other peoples readings it seems to be actively encouraged, not that I condone it.

Absynthe

I'm doing readings for one of my clients and I know she is the mistress in an affair. my question is in regards to how that changes the dynamic of some cards, for an example, we see the devil, or three of cups reversed frequently in her readings which I initially just figured were just pointing at the affair. but lately, I'm wondering if there aren't deeper meanings I should be looking at instead of the sort of obvious ones. As an example she commonly gets 7 of swords in the conflict positions, and its kinda unhelpful since its a "well duh, its an affair." but that doesnt help point her in the direction of how to resolve the conflict. Anything experienced readers have noticed when dealing with reading for the other woman? any cards combos, or decks/layouts I should be looking at or using instead? any help would be awesome.

Well my general take is Devil Rx + Three Of Cups Rx + Seven Of Swords - I think it's very clear. She is in a no-win situation and the cards are advising her that she cannot get what she wants from where she is. She probably needs to examine why she is continuing on in a relationship that will never bring her satisfaction instead of seeking fulfillment in life.

I've often found that even when I'm asking about a specific situation the tarot will often reply with the bigger picture that's supporting the situation. That's just my take though.

prudence

Hmmm. interesting perspectives, i would have never thought of many of those. thanks all. when she comes to see me this weekend if she asks for a relationship spread maybe I will post her reading in the other thread and get thoughts. it'll be interesting to see what comes up.

as to the conflicts, from what she tells me theirs is a conflict free, non-emotional sex only kind of relationship. I've never seen anything in her readings to tell me otherwise. Although I have pulled the knight of cups for him, and the 10 of cups for his emotional connection to her in the past. which tells me it might not be as emotionally unattached as she tells me.
Perhaps he's the knight of cups, seeking out and getting his cup filled by ten different ladies! She's one of ten. ;)