6 of Cups-Representing a soul mate?

misskatie

I was wondering what others would tend to think about the 6 of Cups representing or indicating a soul mate type of relationship? The Lovers card I know is most indicative of this type of relationship but since the card represents nostalgia it seems to me that it would fit.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

nirvie

I've read this card as meaning a past lover coming into your life again and restarting that relationship, but I don't think I would read it on it's own as indicating a soul mate type of relationship - that might depend more on the cards that were drawn with it.

Mellifluous

Yes, it can indicate that (if you believe in 'soul mates' in the first place).

I don't think the Lovers card does though. lol

misskatie

Mellifluous said:
Yes, it can indicate that (if you believe in 'soul mates' in the first place).

I don't think the Lovers card does though. lol

Lol, thanks! That is funny, I would have thought the Lovers could mean you've found your soul mate. It not only represents a choice that may need to be made...but I've always looked at it as the possibility that you've found someone that you click with so well that the relationship is just so "right" and you know it down within the depths of yourself. No? :)

Mellifluous

Well, everyone is different, but no, I don't experience it that way. I see it as love... which is often complicated - and not always romantic. It can represent other types of relationships as well or other types of love. Or passion/sex. (And choices, of course, though I kind of don't like that meaning. It's definitely there though.)

Six of cups is usually very simple and joyous. It's somehow more pure... Not meaning without passion or sex, but just like what you wrote above

that you've found someone that you click with so well that the relationship is just so "right" and you know it down within the depths of yourself

I never get that feeling off the Lovers, nor am I ever in that situation when the Lovers appears. lol I don't know why. The different nuances of how and when different cards show themselves to different people is so interesting, isn't it? :)

mahjong

I see the 6 of cups as possibly someone from the past or emotions connected with childhood.I see the 2 of cups as soul mates

misskatie

Mellifluous said:
Well, everyone is different, but no, I don't experience it that way. I see it as love... which is often complicated - and not always romantic. It can represent other types of relationships as well or other types of love. Or passion/sex. (And choices, of course, though I kind of don't like that meaning. It's definitely there though.)

Six of cups is usually very simple and joyous. It's somehow more pure... Not meaning without passion or sex, but just like what you wrote above

I never get that feeling off the Lovers, nor am I ever in that situation when the Lovers appears. lol I don't know why. The different nuances of how and when different cards show themselves to different people is so interesting, isn't it? :)

It is. :) This is also why I think it takes a long time to master the tarot. You really have to KNOW your own personal set of cards and their possible meanings...outside of the text book meanings.

Mellifluous

Yes, I completely agree. Building up experiences and memories with your deck is the most beautiful and helpful thing.

GreenMoonBeam

misskatie said:
It is. :) This is also why I think it takes a long time to master the tarot. You really have to KNOW your own personal set of cards and their possible meanings...outside of the text book meanings.

How true. It is so dependent on which deck that is being used. Any of the RWS
types have one nuance and other decks are very different. As well as knowing
your own cards/meanings, I feel you have to know yourself as well. jmo.

B*B
GMB!

balenciaga

6 cups - feelings that one relates to one's past - if you add it to the lovers, I would definitely agree that one has "made the connection" with one's soul mate. So 6 cups has ties from the past's memories - there is something connecting what is happening today with something that has already happened. Or you know the person from long ago. Or they remind you of the past (youth). Innocent play, like children, is another vibe I get.:)