8 of Wands as outcome

porcupines

How would you interpret the 8 of Wands in an outcome position. Does it indicate communication, or quick/fast action leading to a resolution of some kind?

Scibility

Hi might also mean:
travel,
clear goals,
swift action,
something about to start,
moving,
time to act on something,
and i've also seen, "arrows of love' in non-traditional interpretations.

Hope that helps!

porcupines

That is interesting. It is one of those cards which indicates movement for me, and I wanted to understand how that works out for an outcome position.

Richard

Eight of Wands is Mercury in Sagittarius. Whatever the issue, the resolution would seem to be moving along swiftly, but of course that is relative. A month is fast in comparison to a year.

Sulis

Eights to me relate to Justice; they're about reaping the rewards (or otherwise) of previous actions, balancing, harvest, organising, movement to attain balance.

If you're using a deck with a picture of 8 sticks flying through the air but pointing towards the ground then as an outcome I'd say things are falling into place or you're starting to see some results from whatever has happened before.

catti

Hi Porcupines~

All of the above and this; for me, context is everything with the suit cards, the surrounding cards in the spread would indicate what "style" of interpretation I could use for the 8 of wands as outcome. Unless you typically use a one card draw; if that is the case then I would suggest that action is the answer to your need/question.

What comes to mind is the saying: Opportunity only knocks once, but it is up to you to answer the door.

So as Sulis suggested, this card shows it is time to reap what you have sowed, or your hard work will be lost. Also, as LRichard said above, time is oh so relative, so how you, the querent, should manifest this action is completely in the context of the question and your situations.

Practicing Human

Without the full context of surrounding cards or a theme, my base interpretation for 8 of Wands in an outcome position is that whatever is in the works currently is near completion, but there is still one final component necessary before it is finished. It is to say resolution is very close for the issue at hand.

caridwen

How would you interpret the 8 of Wands in an outcome position. Does it indicate communication, or quick/fast action leading to a resolution of some kind?

The wands are in sync so things coming together, things moving quickly to their conclusion. Answers or replies in quick succession. Lots of post. Sudden and unexpected culmination...

SunChariot

The way I read, the 8 of Wands = either that you will create something very strong, or (depending on the situation) a strong passion, either physical passion/desire or passion on a specific topic.

For me, Wands are usually about creating something, but they can on occasion be about passion. 8's for me refer back to Card 8 of the MA, Strength.

Babs

porcupines

Thanks everyone, this was very insightful =) I didn't actually pull the card out in any reading, but was going through the cards and wondered what it might mean if it came out as a final resolution/outcome card, to me it only meant fast action or communication. Now I have many more ideas regarding how the 8 of Wands works. Its such a pretty card, I like what its trying to say. Thanks for clearing it up for me! :)