Death card as person

earthmama

Someone who is dead inside or feels that parts of them are dead and void. They are unable to find contentment, happiness and fulfillment in themselves, so they seek out others who can fill that void for them. They need others to feel alive or content. They may even be a type of psychic vampire who is constantly feeding off of others' energy and sucking the life out of them because they are so empty inside. Nothing you can do will help them; they need to find it in themselves to resolve these issues.

Feelings for you: they are dead.

It's strange, because this card in many other positions can be transformation and can be quite positive...but as a person and for feelings, I always see 'dead'.

Richard

He was very vague about his profession.....ask me no question's, I'll tell you no lies. Kind of a dark horse type of person. The card fits him
It sounds as if he's trying to stoke your interst by acting mysterious. Death is not a person. (Everyone says they love 78 Degrees of Wisdom, but apparently no one has read it.) It can, however, be an attribute or characteristic of a person. Regardless of his birth date, he seems to be projecting a caricature of a Scorpio personna, rather like the original Scorpio character played by Tristan Rogers in General Hospital. While his sexuality is no doubt attractive, there may be something a little fishy about him (which is another esoteric attribute of the Death card). I could be wrong, of course.

veritas

It could also be that he is the catalyst for a very big change in your life ~ and may not stay around once that change happens. You may be forever changed by him. {Please do not get a matching tattoo! :bugeyed: }

LOL!!! Tat's are NOT my thing so no worries there;-) I think there are some big changes coming in my life. We don't live in the same country so I don't think he will "be here to stay". I sure hope they are GOOD changes though

veritas

Well, I have a friend who comes up as the Death card.
She is very Scorpio like, with a strong Pluto in her natal chart, a very dangerous type of female, living on the edge, always dating very dangerous men etc.

I know I haven't really given a lot of description but yeah that would be her in a nutshell.

Interesting because I wonder how dangerous he is. Maybe not to me specifically but just in general in his life. He seems to be from a rough life.

thank you for sharing

veritas

Good advice.

Personally I came into this thread because the thread title dragged me here ;)
but I'll be honest - its not just the card that is giving me warning bells here - its the magnetic attraction that I am sensing that you have about him, and that is peaking my radar.
There are 77 others cards in the deck which would describe a person - do you think that this Death card is the optimum card to express a person that you want to get close too?
If so, excuse my forwardness - Im not waving my finger at you, Im waving a light red flag ;)
Are there other cards around like the Sun, The Magician, the Lovers?
Investigate this guy if you can.
I think he will disappear and you may feel let down :(.
For whatever reason he may not be someone you can depend upon to fulfill your needs.

Clarifying the card like ana luisa suggested is a great idea.
I do have a strange attraction to him so it's a good thing he lives in another country. Won't be seeing much of him! I find it strange that the death card jumped out but then again it was really the horse on the shield that grabbed my attention because he has the similar tattoo. Again, not a Tat girl so the fact that he has them and thats what is holding my attention with this card is interesting to me on a personal level.

As for other cards surrounding, i keep pulling, Lovers, 2 cups...mainly positive cards that only add to my confusion about him. I would much rather pull those cards when I ask about another gentleman but he usually gets the 3 swords or something lovely like that LOL!!!!

This person will be disappearing for a few months but then he will be back so we can see what he will morph into then. He is an interesting (and dark) character that I will keep an eye on.

Thank you for your input and red flags (I've seen a few of those waving myself!!!)

QueenofCups(rx)

I feel if you meet somebody that is of the death card it signals to me that they are going through an extreme makeover mind, body, and spirit. During this time it is rather difficult to get to know them because they are learning them self during this change. However if someone sticks by them during this rough period of time Im sure they can be counted on as loyal.

veritas

Someone who is dead inside or feels that parts of them are dead and void. They are unable to find contentment, happiness and fulfillment in themselves, so they seek out others who can fill that void for them. They need others to feel alive or content. They may even be a type of psychic vampire who is constantly feeding off of others' energy and sucking the life out of them because they are so empty inside. Nothing you can do will help them; they need to find it in themselves to resolve these issues.

Feelings for you: they are dead.

It's strange, because this card in many other positions can be transformation and can be quite positive...but as a person and for feelings, I always see 'dead'.

I do think that you have a valid point on the inside feeling dead. I think to a degree we can all sometime forget how to feel a certain way or realize our capacity to feel. Not to toot my own horn but I think I was a little bit of a fresh breeze to him. My life is a lot less complicated than his so I have a more carefree attitude about little bumps in the road that I might encounter. I also think he is a transformation in my life. Meeting him has already helped me to let go of a few things. This isn't someone who will be in my life for long but has helped me look at things from a new or different perspective. Not everyone's life is as rosy as I want to believe.

ann0087

Have you considered that it might represent your preconceived or subconscious notions, etc of this individual are in the way of moving forward with this person? I also use the gilded deck and feel the water in the background is indicative of a journey, changing of the tides, need for new direction, etc. It would also depend on where the card is falling in the spread and of course, the relation to the others.

Just an idea, sorry if someone already posted it :)

Hi! I used the Gilded. I think that the Death card does represent him as a person. I've met him at a very pivotal time in my life and regardless of if he remains in my life He would always represent a time of transformation for me. I've never met anyone like him let alone spent time with anyone like him. We come from very different worlds and can barely communicate because of all of the differences.....yet, he is a breath of fresh air that I've needed. I don't view this card as bad....just interesting that there is this major resemblance on this card....I'm always looking for a sign and this is a big one.

I will try your suggestion with the spread. Thats a great idea.
Thank you for you're input and suggestions.
~veritas

veritas

It sounds as if he's trying to stoke your interst by acting mysterious. Death is not a person. (Everyone says they love 78 Degrees of Wisdom, but apparently no one has read it.) It can, however, be an attribute or characteristic of a person. Regardless of his birth date, he seems to be projecting a caricature of a Scorpio personna, rather like the original Scorpio character played by Tristan Rogers in General Hospital. While his sexuality is no doubt attractive, there may be something a little fishy about him (which is another esoteric attribute of the Death card). I could be wrong, of course.

Who knows....you may be right...I'm as gullible as the next person. I haven't read 78 degrees of wisdom but maybe I should. I think the card mainly points to this characteristic that they both share but I need to do a little research on scorpios. I'm a cancer and apparently a self-centered one because it's the only zodiac sign I'm that familiar with.

Richard

.......I think the card mainly points to this characteristic that they both share but I need to do a little research on scorpios. I'm a cancer and apparently a self-centered one because it's the only zodiac sign I'm that familiar with.
Aha! Scorpio and Cancer are both water signs. Don't take it too seriously, but here is something about the chemistry between a Cancer and a Scorpio.