Oracle decks with many cards?

PsychicLord

Having read all the recommendations, I noticed the absence of one of the larger (in card count) decks.

Oracle-X has somewhere approaching 300 cards available, and you are able just to purchase just those cards that 'feel right' for you at each and any part of your life.

Special methods for selecting, handling, and reading large decks have been designed. A wealth of free information is available to support O-X deck owners.

dancing_moon

Thanks for mentioning this one! This is a really fascinating concept. :)

Le Fanu

Nobody has mentioned the Fortune Teller's Mah Jongg Cards by Derek Walters.

The larger boxed edition is more difficult to find now - although I bought two remaindered copies for 5 euros a while ago and traded one, but it is available in that "in-a-box" series that also issues the Sharmann-Caselli (?)

It has 144 cards ( 4 decks of 34 cards + 8 Guardian cards + 3 blank cards) and is a wonderful system - really very easy to use and very illuminating in terms of reading.

schizandra

The Fortune Teller's Mahjong was the first oracle I thought of when I saw the title of this thread too, Le Fanu. I have the small cube-box version; would you be able to tell me the difference between that and the larger boxed version? I know the accompanying book would be bigger; but is there a difference in the cards?

Le Fanu

is there a difference in the cards?
No, I have had both sets and had just that same concern. I honestly don't remember there being a difference. I had two of the 1st edition larger box set and then later came across the BookinaBox set. The cards seemed pretty much the same. Same colouring / saturation/ cardstock.

dancing_moon

Thanks Le Fanu and schizandra! What a stunningly beautiful deck, right up my valley. :bugeyed:

schizandra

Thanks, Le Fanu. If the cardstock were different, or the cards were bigger in the original version, I would feel like I'm missing out on something!

dancing_moon, if you do purchase the Fortune Teller's Mahjong, I would really recommend getting Derek Walters' book Fortune Telling by Mah Jong. It goes into much more detail about the Mahjong divination system than the little book that is included with the cube kit. It's OOP, but available used from third party sellers on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Fortune-Telli...3&sr=1-1&keywords=Fortune+telling+by+mah+jong

dancing_moon

Thanks schizandra! If I manage to get this deck, I'll definitely get the book as well. :)

2dogs

Having read all the recommendations, I noticed the absence of one of the larger (in card count) decks.

Oracle-X has somewhere approaching 300 cards available, and you are able just to purchase just those cards that 'feel right' for you at each and any part of your life.

Special methods for selecting, handling, and reading large decks have been designed. A wealth of free information is available to support O-X deck owners.

I'm happy to stick with the decks I've got but Oracle-X is a great idea as I often wanted to combine a couple of other decks but the cards were different sizes. Actually the Solar Systems and Elements decks are identically sized so could be combined into a single 284 card deck, and there is now a Natural History deck that may well be the same size that would add another 100, but I get on best drawing a card from each deck and reading them as pairs.