Marseilles Decks

Rusty Neon

Shalott said:
Howdy, just re-reading this thread, and went off to look for a Grimaud...and although it's probably a good thing that I can't seem to find it because I can't afford another deck right now, but I can't find it! I looked at Tarot Garden, amazon.ca and amazon.fr, Tarot Garden has it listed but says it's our of print, it's not listed in the others at all. Where did you guys purchase this deck?

Hi Shalott,

Since you're in North America, you may wish to check out getting the Marseilles deck published by Grimaud or the Marteau Marseilles deck published by Dusserre through www.levalet.com, the website for Le Valet d'Coeur, an established store in Montreal. Prices are quoted in [cheaper-for-Americans] Canadian dollars.

See my long post of 17-07-2004. If you're going to have one deck by Paul Marteau, I recommend the Dusserre edition over the Grimaud. The Dusserre is a photoreproduction of the 1930 Paul Marteau deck, and the colours are better than the Grimaud.

By the way, if you do decide to go for the Grimaud, levalet carries the Grimaud deck with unilingual French titled cards but for some reason their site only lists the bilingual titled cards. You can email or call their 800 number.

tmgrl2

Flornoy said:
Sorry Terri, I don't understand how we didn't get your request. We did have computer problems at one time, and our server has put draconian anti-spam measures in place... The Noblet deck is 38 euros and Dodal 42 euros. Normally, going through the website to make an order or request information works fine... I hope another request will pass correctly - if not, one can always go through the Aeclectic contact.

Thank you so much...I will try again. I had two "outstanding" order requests that had not gone through and I realized when this thread discussion came up again, mine did not. I have saved the website, so will order again. This was kind of you to respond.

terri

Shalott

Rusty Neon said:
Hi Shalott,

Since you're in North America, you may wish to check out getting the Marseilles deck published by Grimaud or the Marteau Marseilles deck published by Dusserre through www.levalet.com, the website for Le Valet d'Coeur, an established store in Montreal. Prices are quoted in [cheaper-for-Americans] Canadian dollars.

See my long post of 17-07-2004. If you're going to have one deck by Paul Marteau, I recommend the Dusserre edition over the Grimaud. The Dusserre is a photoreproduction of the 1930 Paul Marteau deck, and the colours are better than the Grimaud.

By the way, if you do decide to go for the Grimaud, levalet carries the Grimaud deck with unilingual French titled cards but for some reason their site only lists the bilingual titled cards. You can email or call their 800 number.

I month later I come back to this...HA! Thanks. I do have the Duserre Dodal now, but still interested in others!

Rusty Neon

Shalott said:
I month later I come back to this...HA! Thanks. I do have the Duserre Dodal now, but still interested in others!

I've probably misinterpreted your post, but I'll mention this just in case. The Dusserre Dodal is not to be confused with the Dusserre Marteau. The Dusserre Marteau is a photoreproduction of the 1930 Marteau deck. The Dusserre Dodal is a photoreproduction of the 1701 Dodal deck. The 1930 Marteau is a changed-colours redrawing of the 1760 Conver (rather than the 1701 Dodal). The present-day 'Grimaud' deck [different from the Dusserre Marteau] is a redrawing of the 1930 Marteau deck, with slightly different hues but essentially the same colours as the 1930 Marteau.

Shalott

Ahhhh...nope, apparently I still have a lot of decks to discover!

(And hopefully use restraint when shopping...)

Rusty Neon

Shalott said:
Ahhhh...nope, apparently I still have a lot of decks to discover!

(And hopefully use restraint when shopping...)

Shalott ... You may wish to check out the detailed info in my detailed post of 17-07-2004 to this thread regarding Marseilles photoreproduction decks and re-drawn decks. As regards photoreproductions of actual old decks, the Héron 1760 Conver would certainly make a nice companion to the Dusserre 1701 Dodal that you already own. ;)

Shalott

Oo - I found them on TarotGarden, and I'm sure it's the Heron Conver! At the moment, they're sold out of them, but it is high up on my list! :cool: