Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Books Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Thoth Tarot

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your Tarot cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot lovers, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post your thoughts, share readings, search, save threads, view extra boards and more.

post a reply

Tanga 
Aspiring Mystical Crone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
I have the med. sized version but I'd like to have a trimmed version. Would the large cards be best for that? Trying to get a feel for size post-trim. Would they then be standard-sized Tarot cards? It feels like the med. sized cards would result in a much smaller deck.
I would so love a large green deck - *slaps her TOADies wrist*...
Presently, here's the best photo I can find of my trimmed standard size...
now... where did the proper "before and after" ones go...? :
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Donkey5.JPG (146.1 KB, 54 views)

~Allow Yourself To Be Who You Are~

Mitakuye Oyasin... "my brothers and sisters - all life is connected"

Last edited by Tanga; 11-02-2017 at 08:07.
Tanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #41
herself 
Just winging it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Borealis View Post
This is my favorite -- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/386826504X

It's the Urania-Verlag in the nice gold box with the High Priestess on the top. The titles are in German which I don't mind. There's a Unicursal Hexagram card (orange with a red flower, on black background) and an OTO card. Borders are pale gray and unobtrusive. The backs are unbordered which is really nice. And the size feels small even though they're called standard (they're about 4 inches by about 2 and 3/4 - the dimensions given by Amazon are a tad off).

The colors are exquisite imo. They remind me of the beautiful watercolor paintings in high-quality childrens' books from my childhood, the ones that are printed separately on quality paper and then tipped in. If that makes sense.
Oh dear, and here I was, thinking I didn't *need* another Thoth! Are there any shots/posts of the cards themselves anywhere?

Old 14-02-2017 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #42
Maskelyne 
Resident

I just got a gold-boxed AGM Thoth,and for the most part I think I prefer the purple-boxed U.S. Games edition. Maybe this one is from a bad print run, but the lines are not as sharp and some of the colors, greens in particular, look muddy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Thoth comparison - fool.jpg (103.2 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg Thoth comparison - sorrowl.jpg (93.5 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg Thoth comparison - princess of disks.jpg (100.9 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg Thoth comparison - lovers.jpg (94.6 KB, 33 views)
Maskelyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2017 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #43
IHeartRescues 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskelyne View Post
I just got a gold-boxed AGM Thoth,and for the most part I think I prefer the purple-boxed U.S. Games edition. Maybe this one is from a bad print run, but the lines are not as sharp and some of the colors, greens in particular, look muddy.
I have the AGM gold box which i bought just last year and
the colors are deep and rich, the greens are good!... based on the cards you posted above, tho I can't tell if the lines are better or not. I looks like a couple of the scans may have bleached the color (in the scans I mean) ??
Sorry I can't scan mine. But for study I have the newer largest cards (2006) in the green box, tho the cardstock is thinner than the oriiginal "greenies", the colors really pop for clarity.
IHeartRescues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2017 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #44
page of ghosts 
Citizen

Ack, seems I didn't research as well as I had thought and I'm awaiting the medium size in the purple box that someone isbn-ed earlier in the thread - I wanted the big one so I could see the pictures better (and maybe trim it). I still hope it's gonna be good though!
page of ghosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #45
  post a reply

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today