Using the cards to find lost things

aware7

Found it!

Well, the Tarot did it for me!

My wallet has been found and it was in my local area (10 of Cups). I had worried that this loss would go on without closure but the Ace of Pentacles showed that I would know soon (I usually get the Ace of Pentacles for speedy news as well as good opportunities), and what I had to do was wait (7 of Pentacles) and not get anxious.

I get the 7 of Pentacles reversed for being anxious about money and being anxious generally. In this spread it was not reversed so the waiting meaning was the one.

Any more posts on this topic? So we can all help!

aware7

I never use tarot for that, only lenormand. Yesterday I couldn't find my mastercard. I really looked everywhere and I even went to all the shops I've been that day. So finally i pulled two Lenormand cards and I got: coffin and dog. Well in the trunk of my car there is a blanket for my dogs. And yep... it was underneath the blanket.

But next time I'll try the tarot too. I'm really curious to see the outcome. Would that be possible with any kind of tarot deck?

I think so. In my case the relevant three card spread I used was done after being so stressed and initially pulling the Ace of Swords reversed which for me nearly always means I am not thinking clearly or am over-thinking (in Waite's words, 'multiplication').

I calmed down, focused and pulled three cards that turned out to be correct in their information as far as I am concerned.

Alacrael

New Spread for Finding Lost Objects

Hullo everyone,

I recently lost an emerald ring. It's a favorite of mine, and i assumed it would turn up again on its own, but after a week or two of it being gone, I decided it was time to do some actual looking around for it, so I grabbed my Tarot deck.

I laid out several spreads to try and find a card that would represent my missing ring. After three or four spreads, it seemed like Strength was the best choice. I also find that I wear rings to feel stronger/more powerful during the day, so I figured it was an appropriate card.

Moderator note: Reading moved to Your Readings and can be found here.

Trogon

I have never tried the Tarot for this. Seems like a good exercise to try to interpret a card or cards in such a literal way. Personally, I usually turn to a pendulum for finding items. I'll do a sketch of the area I'm searching and hold the pendulum over each area till I get a "yes" answer.

For example, say I know something is misplaced in my house. With it being a 2-story house, I'll do a rough sketch of the floors and rooms on each floor. When I get a "yes" for a particular room, I might do a larger sketch of just that room. It's worked for me a couple of times. A printed map or sketch of a community or other larger area would work too.

HoneyandtheMoon

Great tarot experience.

I lost a very expensive pair of sunglasses that had sentimental value.
I didn't notice I had misplaced them for nearly a week!
So I didn't have a clear idea of the last time I saw them.
After unsuccessful searches of all obvious places I consulted the cards.
I asked them " where can I find my sunglasses? And felt a card fall, and felt urged to
Draw a second card. First card "Chariot" second card "Queen of Cups".
Queen of cups has been coming up a lot for me in relating to my efforts in mastering my intuitive and artistic abilities. The queen of the RWS appeared to be looking into a box.
I figured a small space, it's closed in a small compartment. The "CHARIOT" just screamed car to me. Go look in the car again and look harder in the compartments!
I did and I found my sunglasses in the small compartment under the radio/CD dashboard!!!

EmpyreanKnight

This sounds neat and do-able really! I'd like to try this once, but when I'm looking for something I'm usually flustered and anxious and I may not be able to concentrate on the reading. Maybe I'd just have to calm down and focus.

foolMoon

Interesting about this post - because I just have found my utility knife which was lost somewhere in the house for 4 years. I was searching for it for many days recently, and couldn't find it.
I could not even be sure if it is in the house, or in the garden shed, because last time it was used for wall papering one of the room was about 4 year ago. There are 4 rooms in the house, kitchen, bathroom, in the loft or in the garden shed, I mean it could be anywhere.

Finally I used my "Tarot of Spirit" deck asking question, where is my utility knife?
I got 5 cards down from the shuffled deck, and they were

"Garden - Seven of Earth"
"Temerance"
"Form - Ace of Earth"
"Death"
"Karma"

The first card saying, Garden, I was sure that the card is saying it is in the garden shed, not in the house. Then the garden shed is massive, and there are millions of stuff piled there. The next card is Temerance. Temperance is "Alchemy" mixing stuff - archetype is the angel mixing liquids from one jar to another.

I thought, it is then in container or jar - i remembered a plastic container where I used to mix plaster with water, and mixing paints with water. After use, I drained all, cleaned, and put lots of hand tools in the IKEA plastic box.

The third card - Form? I was forming the wall with the mixed plaster last time when I working on the walls of one room. I searched for the plastic box with all the plastering tools were - it was there in the corner of the shed stacked on many other tool boxes.

I took the IKEA plastic box with about 20 hand tools I was guessing from the Tarot reading, and took it out to the garden, and emptied all the tools in the box on the grass. There it was. The Stanley Utility Knife for wall papering, and now I was going to use to carve a tree branch to make into a spoon.

Death and Karma card? - maybe it means that the tools were just hidden away, forgotten, unused, resting? But Karma? - they are destined to be found, and used again?

Tarot is great for finding lost items, and I have used it a few times now to find successfully. It seems work better to concentrate on the Title of each card or image symbolism, rather than correspondence.
35256398092_41c895160b_c.jpg

Barleywine

I'm divided between using tarot and horary astrology for finding lost items. Horary has more concrete rules for location, so I've had better success with it. But a literal interpretation of the cards without too much overlaying of correspondences has worked as well. That said, I did have a recent example here where the astrological associations produced positive results.

foolMoon

I'm divided between using tarot and horary astrology for finding lost items. Horary has more concrete rules for location, so I've had better success with it. But a literal interpretation of the cards without too much overlaying of correspondences has worked as well. That said, I did have a recent example here where the astrological associations produced positive results.

Yes, Astrology has extensive techniques and methods in finding lost items. It is part of Horary Astrology, and works well, I read. I have not used it yet, but if all else fails, that would be the last card on the table :)