How do you determine value of an OOP Deck

Marli

Hi Folks, in need of some help here and hoping one of you lovelies can help me with this?

I was given an OOP Deck:
The Numerological Tarot by Richard Bennett

But I'm having a hard time figuring out it's value, so my question is what's the best way to determine something like this? I have only been able to find 1 for sale on ebay for just under $200 and then the only 2 other copies I can find are on Amazon for $600.

The deck is soooo not my style and I am not in the habit of keeping decks just because it's rare, so I rather trade/sell it for something I would actually use (like the fairytale tarot by Lisa Hunt) - but would also like to ensure both parties get a fair deal.

Thanks in advance for your help!

G6

Advance Search "Completed Listings" eBay

You will usually only find OOP/HTF decks on Amazon and eBay that are WAY overpriced. The best way to get a more realistic idea of what the market value of your deck might be is to use the advanced search function on eBay for completed listings. This will show the amount your item recently sold for in an auction.

From Google:
To do this, just search for a similar item on eBay and scroll down to "Show Only". Check the "Completed Listings" box, and you'll see all completed auctions for that search. Items with green prices sold at that price, while items with red prices didn't end up selling.

Hope this helps!

✌🏻

G6

blue_fusion

You can ask around too - we havea lot of collectors here. Also check out the trading section if your deck has come up there - the prices people ask there are pretty fair IMO.

earthair

Ignore Amazon and eBay pricing- lots of sheep following other sheep, with people getting greedier by the week!
It's worth what a buyer will pay for it- best thing to do is start an auction at the lowest price you'd be happy to accept +10% for postage and fees. Then if it sells you won't have any regrets, but it might go for a lot more...:livelong:

Marli

Hi G6,

OMG that's amazing! I didn't even know you could do that! - and of course it's just my luck there's not a single listing there for it :( but still valuable advice for the other deck I am wanting!

You will usually only find OOP/HTF decks on Amazon and eBay that are WAY overpriced. The best way to get a more realistic idea of what the market value of your deck might be is to use the advanced search function on eBay for completed listings. This will show the amount your item recently sold for in an auction.

From Google:
To do this, just search for a similar item on eBay and scroll down to "Show Only". Check the "Completed Listings" box, and you'll see all completed auctions for that search. Items with green prices sold at that price, while items with red prices didn't end up selling.

Hope this helps!

✌🏻

G6

Marli

You can ask around too - we havea lot of collectors here. Also check out the trading section if your deck has come up there - the prices people ask there are pretty fair IMO.

That may be my best option at the moment, or maybe I'll even get lucky and someone may be willing to trade me for it! thanks so much!

Marli

I could not agree more, I have a real issue with paying hundreds of dollars for an OOP deck where the author is still alive and could decide to do a re-print at any point! and I also agree it's only really worth what people are willing to pay for it!

Ignore Amazon and eBay pricing- lots of sheep following other sheep, with people getting greedier by the week!
It's worth what a buyer will pay for it- best thing to do is start an auction at the lowest price you'd be happy to accept +10% for postage and fees. Then if it sells you won't have any regrets, but it might go for a lot more...:livelong:

G6

Hi G6,

OMG that's amazing! I didn't even know you could do that! - and of course it's just my luck there's not a single listing there for it :( but still valuable advice for the other deck I am wanting!

Looks like it sold for $35 two years ago. It's kind of obscure not sure it would fetch hundreds of dollars given a more popular deck like say Hoi Polloi usually goes for $40. I'd start an eBay auction for it at $35 and see if anybody buys it.

http://www.spookyrealm.com/ebay/247799-numerological-tarot-richard-bennett-88-cards.html

DownUnderNZer

I did those steps below on EBAY to see what certain decks were sold for:

Tarot of Dreams (Not out of package) sold for something like AU$830 plus shipping in March. I am not sure if that is March of this year though.

The Nigel Jackson sold close to AU$200 twice. (Not sure if that was this year or when as it only shows the months).

And I cannot remember what else I looked at - oh yeah, it was an Oracle. It sold for AU $395 and in another sale I think AU$240.

So, maybe this is at least an idea of what the decks are worth if looking at value, and I needed something like this for insurance purposes.

THANKS!

DND :)

From Google:

Hope this helps!

✌��

G6

G6

I did those steps below on EBAY to see what certain decks were sold for:

Tarot of Dreams (Not out of package) sold for something like AU$830 plus shipping in March. I am not sure if that is March of this year though.

The Nigel Jackson sold close to AU$200 twice. (Not sure if that was this year or when as it only shows the months).

And I cannot remember what else I looked at - oh yeah, it was an Oracle. It sold for AU $395 and in another sale I think AU$240.

So, maybe this is at least an idea of what the decks are worth if looking at value, and I needed something like this for insurance purposes.

THANKS!

DND :)

I think those are rare exceptions DND. I wouldn't want to give people false hope that all OOP decks sell for that much, but people can certainly try aspirational pricing and see if it works.