a specific yemaya. HELP :(

Laura Borealis

I sure hope you find it. :) I'd love to see her.

Laura Borealis

A shot in the dark - some I collected that probably aren't the right one

I think the third one actually is from a tarot/oracle deck.

Attachments

• iemanja.jpg
    iemanja.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 97
  • Yemanja mirror.jpg
    Yemanja mirror.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 106
  • yemanja.jpg
    yemanja.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 103
  • yemaya 1.jpg
    yemaya 1.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 102
  • yemaya.jpg
    yemaya.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 95

Dark Victory '39

Maudmaud, love your dolly parton quote.

Okay i showed hal everything laura borealis and maudmaud turned up. It's like helping someone do a crime-scene sketch of a potential suspect, but here's what he said:--and sorry to say we havn't struck gold yet.
--He thinks the blue's in the card of yemaya's dress is pastel. The whole card he says has a very soft, dreamy rendering. she might (or might not) be depicted wading out of the ocean.
--He feels absolutely positive that her face is so covered by the veil you cant see her skin color above or below where the veil ends, or maybe anywhere as his key word for her is demure.
--The beading aspect to the veil might or might not be there, he really thought if anything the veil reminded him more of a first communion veil. But he came up with a new comparison about how faceless she seems. He said it's like kachina dolls where they appear almost alien because of their masks.
--he's pretty sure she has the mirror, but he would say that her body language is very stoic and still. He said all these yemayas in our most recent batch are 'too dancy.'

This reminds me of seeing footage (i think it was once done on an old oprah show) where the audience gets to try to spot a criminal re-enactment, and you basically end up with wild scenarios about what the masked-man looked like. Watch the yemaya turn out to be wearing a pink negligee. lol.

I feel quite positive this could have come from someone on aeclectic's blog six months ago or longer. If someone new is just reading this now and doesn't want to go through the thread, the other detail of late is that it might have been a blog that showcased ana cortez' alchemy edition of the playing card oracles. though it would have been before the alchemy edition actually came out for sale.

MandMaud

This reminds me of seeing footage (i think it was once done on an old oprah show) where the audience gets to try to spot a criminal re-enactment, and you basically end up with wild scenarios about what the masked-man looked like. Watch the yemaya turn out to be wearing a pink negligee. lol.

Our memories are so untrustworthy! My grandmother used to say something like, "Fetch me the blue knitting bag from the corner behind my bed," and you'd run there and back and there and back, getting her to give more details by which to identify the bag or locate it precisely in the room. Then you'd finally come back with a knitting bag, yellow with green flowers on it. She'd find a tiny brushstroke of blue in the design and say, "I knew it had blue in it somewhere..." :laugh:

I also saw a great documentary once where they put a group of people around a table in a pub, and had an actor run past and snatch one of their bags. Then they took witness statements. The "thief" was described as dark-haired, fair-haired, definitely in jeans, definitely in shorts, fairly tall, very short... all from people who'd been present at the exact same incident, and all within half an hour of it happening.

It can be hard to suggest that this is what's going on, to someone who hasn't ever heard that everyone's memory plays this kind of trick. But it may be what's going on here. :neutral: Alternatively maybe he dreamt it...?

On the other hand it would be much nicer to succeed in your detective story. :)