I-Ching Tarot: By Cheung Kwong Yin

Bernice

Does anyone have this deck? 64 cards and book set. I cannot find any scans of the cards.

The website has an online interpretation for one card at a time, but doesn't show the card backs. The way the interpretation is displayed suggests that the meanings are the card back....?

http://www.iching-tarot.com/eng/game2.php

Wondering about the cardstock, lamination (or not)....etc.

Bee :)

lunakasha

Bernice said:
Does anyone have this deck? 64 cards and book set. I cannot find any scans of the cards.

The website has an online interpretation for one card at a time, but doesn't show the card backs. The way the interpretation is displayed suggests that the meanings are the card back....?

http://www.iching-tarot.com/eng/game2.php

Wondering about the cardstock, lamination (or not)....etc.

Hi Bee!

I have this set, and even though I haven't used it very often, it is a very attractive deck of cards. In my experience, it also provides honest and direct readings. I like using it for one or two card readings~ either advice for the day or possible solutions to a problem. You can read them intuitively by looking carefully at the images and/or keyword, or refer to the book for more specific information about the card's meaning.

The card backs do not include the card meaning; they are a pretty red color with a yin-yang octogon in the center, surrounded by an Asian dragon. The octogon contains all eight possible trigrams found in the I Ching.

Here is a picture of the box cover, which is also what the card backs look like:

http://www.insight-books.com/covers/9628602063.jpg

The cards themselves are good quality, IMO....medium-thickness with rounded corners and a nice satin finish. Not varnished in plastic....they feel like actual cards, and shuffle beautifully.

I would recommend these if you are interested in learning more about the I Ching, if you enjoy Asian-style artwork, or if you are in the mood to try something a little different. Also, if you are a fan of the Tao Oracle (another I Ching oracle deck), you would probably also enjoy the I Ching Tarot (which is not really a "tarot"....but it is an excellent oracle).

:) Luna

lunakasha

I also wanted to mention another fantastic I Ching deck, which is one of my personal favorites:

The I Ching Pack by Richard Gill and Anthony Clark.

http://www.tarotgarden.com/database/images/i-decks/ichingclarkcards.gif

The artwork in this set is just incredible....it literally takes me to another place when I look at these cards.

I would like to try a comparison sometime between the I Ching Pack and the I Ching Tarot. I might even pull out the Tao Oracle and see how all three decks stand up against each other.

Considering the fact that I am not well-educated in I Ching at all, I obviously enjoy my I Ching decks. :heart:

And I think they speak very clearly, whether you are an I Ching expert or not.

Bernice

Thank you for your description of this deck lunakasha. Very pleased that the cardbacks don't have the text meanings! I saw this deck was straight away taken with it, but wanted to check out the reviews etc. first. The cardstock sounds ideal, robust and smooth to handle.

I also like the images in the other deck you mention (The I Ching Pack). So now you've got me dithering between the two......

I currently have the Mah Jongg cards, the Tibetan Orcle Cards & the Feng Shui Tarot. For some unknown reason (best known to the gods) I've been going through a low-key 'oriental phase' for some time now.

Off to find some reviews/scans of the I Ching Pack. Thank you.

EDIT: Later. Cannot find any place to buy the I Ching Pack. The only one available appears to be the deck by Chris Marshall.

Bernice

No intrusion ana luisa :) ! Glad you posted.

I've looked at the scans for those two decks, the images of the first deck are really nice. But overall I think I prefer the images of the two earlier decks....

Only problem is that the two places I've found where you can buy The I Ching Pack, are too expensive - especially when postage is added. So thank you for finding two other decks for me to consider.

Bernice

I've ordered the I-Ching Tarot. (grinning with expectation).

lunakasha

Bernice said:
I've ordered the I-Ching Tarot. (grinning with expectation).

Very nice! :thumbsup: I am sure you will enjoy it.

The I Ching Pack is OOP, but I did find several copies available through marketplace sellers at amazon. Have you checked amazon.uk yet, Bee? Obviously the shipping from the US might be expensive, so I hope you can find a copy closer to home.

Or you might consider posting in the Trade section to see if anyone here has one they would like to sell or trade.

I should mention that the only downside to the I Ching Pack is that the cards are not numbered or identified in any way, other than by hexagram. Which means that it might take a few minutes to locate your card in the book. But for me, the artwork more than makes up for this.

PS: I also own the Mah Jong cards....they are GORGEOUS, but I have yet to attempt reading with them. :|

Do you have the Tao Oracle??? The artwork in that deck is incredible....and more consistently attractive than the images in the Osho Zen Tarot by the same artist.

Bernice

lunakasha,

No, I've not even seen the Tao Oracle. Correction :) just found them here at AT;

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/tao-oracle/

Actually they don't really appeal to me. Which is a good thing, because I can save spare my cash towards the I-Ching Pack (or other 'wanted' decks) :grin:

SpiritOfTheDogz

I have the TAO cards and the I Ching tarot and although the images are nicer on the TAO they seem to be missing something, there's no "magic" to them. The only thing that puts me off the I Ching Tarot are the colours, they don't seem right for some reason, however they are very intuitive to read with and quite accurate.
Have you found pictures of the full deck?
I CHING TAROT PICTURES