Whats a minus aspect ?

Sharla

If you've got an aspect forming between the two significators in a horary chart at "minus 7 degrees", between Mars and jupiter, where mars is at 24 degrees sagittarius, and jupiter is at 2 degrees libra.

Then what's the minus about ?

The aspect forming between mars and jupiter is a square, so is showing obstacles, frustration etc....

As it was a timing question of when something would happen, then would the "minus 7 aspect" especially being a square aspect, show a delay of around 7 days ?

Also going on aspects, what about if the moon makes no aspects in a chart whatsoever, there are only separations ?

Babymaker

IMO, if it is only a question about timing, I would just count the units in between the significators.

Sharla

IMO, if it is only a question about timing, I would just count the units in between the significators.

Mars and jupiter are the significators......but i'm confused with the applying ,minus aspect between them of 7 degrees.

Babymaker

By units I mean degrees. So mars applies to Jupiter and there is a 7 degree difference. It depends what the question is.

Sharla

By units I mean degrees. So mars applies to Jupiter and there is a 7 degree difference. It depends what the question is.

Yes i know about the degrees between the significators, BUT the degree is a minus degree....which is what i said i didn't understand, with it being a minus.

I think i've figured it out anyway.......i'm just seeing it as minus 7 days, so won't be for another week.

Sharla

Just for other peoples benefit, the reason why i'm seeing minus 7 as an extra 7 days. Is because one of the significators is in a cardinal sign, and being in a succedent house (fixed), which from my notes shows a period of days.

This time period would make sense too, in regards to the question. As the person in question has just yesterday got back from holiday and is quite ill.

Minderwiz

The real issue here is that no aspect will take place whilst Mars is in Sagittarius. An out of sign application has to be treated with care. Before the matter can be decided Mars must change signs. At best this indicates that circumstances must change in order for the matter to be resolved.

In horary application suggests possible resolution but does not guarantee it. One planet might change direction and the two begin to separate. Alternatively a third planet might aspect one of the significators (but not the other) before the two significators can perfect their own aspect - this is called prohibition. The change in sign falls into this group of possible preventions.

Now Capricorn is the Sign of Mars exaltation, so it's possible to claim that things will change for the better. Mars will be essentially stronger and there is some reception between significators.

But is Mars changing house in the process? If Mars is moving into a bad house (6, 8, 12) that might more than outweigh the gain in essential dignity.

There are even some Astrologers who would deny the application, if out of sign and would conclude that there is no aspect between significators and the matter will not be perfected.

Incidentally, aspects are either applying or separating in this context. They would never be described as minus or negative.

For sextiles, squares and trines there are two possible directions for an aspect; forwards in the zodiac (left or sinister aspects); or backwards in the zodiac (right or dexter aspects). Note the labels in brackets mean exactly the same but re given in English and Latin.

Be careful using these terms, you need to identify which planet is making the application. In your question Mars is applying toJupiter, so the direction is backwards (or clockwise) - so it's a right or dexter square that is forming.

Since the middle to late medieval period Astrologers have seen the dexter aspect as stronger than the left or sinister aspect. However this appears to be a miscopying or mistranslation of earlier texts. Hellenistic Astrologers ,(who did not practice horary) took the left aspect to be stronger and that was certainly the case in the first horary texts of Sahl and Masha'allah.

Sharla

The real issue here is that no aspect will take place whilst Mars is in Sagittarius. An out of sign application has to be treated with care. Before the matter can be decided Mars must change signs. At best this indicates that circumstances must change in order for the matter to be resolved.

In horary application suggests possible resolution but does not guarantee it. One planet might change direction and the two begin to separate. Alternatively a third planet might aspect one of the significators (but not the other) before the two significators can perfect their own aspect - this is called prohibition. The change in sign falls into this group of possible preventions.

Now Capricorn is the Sign of Mars exaltation, so it's possible to claim that things will change for the better. Mars will be essentially stronger and there is some reception between significators.

But is Mars changing house in the process? If Mars is moving into a bad house (6, 8, 12) that might more than outweigh the gain in essential dignity.

There are even some Astrologers who would deny the application, if out of sign and would conclude that there is no aspect between significators and the matter will not be perfected.

Incidentally, aspects are either applying or separating in this context. They would never be described as minus or negative.

For sextiles, squares and trines there are two possible directions for an aspect; forwards in the zodiac (left or sinister aspects); or backwards in the zodiac (right or dexter aspects). Note the labels in brackets mean exactly the same but re given in English and Latin.

Be careful using these terms, you need to identify which planet is making the application. In your question Mars is applying toJupiter, so the direction is backwards (or clockwise) - so it's a right or dexter square that is forming.

Since the middle to late medieval period Astrologers have seen the dexter aspect as stronger than the left or sinister aspect. However this appears to be a miscopying or mistranslation of earlier texts. Hellenistic Astrologers ,(who did not practice horary) took the left aspect to be stronger and that was certainly the case in the first horary texts of Sahl and Masha'allah.

Its interesting that jupiter (quesited) has no essential dignity in the chart and is peregrine, as he is very ill when i spoke to him last night he didn't even know what he was saying properly through sheer exhaustion, lack of mental and physical strength, and to even eat etc. And from what i know so far a peregrine planet is in very bad shape with very little strength....and this is indeed how he is at present.

So maybe when mars moves into capricorn in 3 or 4 days (if i've calculated that correctly) then this will be a better situation for mars (myself) as he will be feeling better within himself after having some rest.

Mars is not moving into a bad house, as mars will be moving into the 3rd house...ok the 3rd house is a cadent house which may just mean we end up having more communication with each other, as communication is very limited and blocked at present (still awaiting mercury to go direct, as this is not helping matters either).

Regarding the "minus" in the grid below the chart, there is a minus (-) sign before the number 2. So how would this play out in what you mention of a "(left or sinister aspects); or backwards in the zodiac (right or dexter aspects)" ?

Babymaker

It's so much easier to see the chart. Im new here, can we post charts?