Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

Thunder

Book of Shadows: As above. I am so lucky I haven't bought the "So below (it didn't exist when I bought the first one) because I don't think I can work with it. Okay I admit I wanted this on a whim, I saw some of the cards and thought it was beautiful so why shouldn't I get it. ... and there it is with all its glory before me.
The Crones are the ones who made me laugh a lot.
So Crone of fire - Looking like some creepy ghost steward from a haunted house blowing that candle and going to haunt down the nice family who just moved there.
Crone of Air - that's the face of pure evil to me
Crone of Water - That's how I picture alcoholic woman in my mind. When someone tells me that they had like a bad hungover last night that's the first picture that comes in my mind.

But ...I said to myself "whatever, it's a good thing to have deck with pure evil woman, with alchoholic woman" you could find it useful for specific questions.
My main concern is with the Earth suit. These little gnomes ... they just annoy me and these nature scenes they just don't work for me. I especially don't get 5 of earth and 7 of earth. Yeah, I know the idea of the suit - to picture the beauty and plenty of the Earth. But when I see THAT much water in a image I don't think about earth at all. It leaves me the impression of something watery and emotional.
It doesn't work for me overall, its answers are like Pythia's - they don't make any sense, they are like riddles. Like an old woman telling you riddles. And you want answers and she continues to get you riddles. That's why you go to her grandson (which would be another tarot deck) and you ask the question again.

I intended to use it as personal deck for very deep trends/questions because I rarely meditate or make another spiritual practices with Tarot other than reading. The "man" for the job I intended to give to this deck went to Thoth deck which I don't quite get too ... yet, but I have very strong energy bond with it and I am trying to learn more for it.

DaughterOfDanu

Most of the ones I didn't like I sold a long time ago. But I still have some that I don't even care to go through the hassle of finding a new home.

Dark Angels Tarot, Dark Faerytale Tarot, Ludy Lescot
The Dark Angels and Dark Faerytale both just had this feel of being way too photomanipulated and I felt not a lot of thought went into them. The Ludy Lescot I found myself very confused as to what the background story was.

FLizarraga

Actually, if I think about it, none. I don't regret getting any of the decks I have gotten. Ever.

Even the bitterest disappointments (or the "What was I THINKING?" moments) have taught me something --about myself, about Tarot, about... whatever.

I have very few regrets in life --if any.

ana luisa

Only two decks but I'm keeping them. I belive in second chances and in time, who knows we will start getting along:

The Kingdom Within and Fantastic Menagerie (yes, the very one)

tapestry

Actually, if I think about it, none. I don't regret getting any of the decks I have gotten. Ever.

I totally agree in that I don't regret getting any of my decks -- I just like some of them more than others..... :)

FaintlyMacabre

Some day on eBay I hope you will see "Large lot of wonderful decks, owned by a little old lady and shuffled only on one Sunday." Then you will know the answer and I will know the answer too.

Diana

JadePixie

Robin Wood, there's nothing wrong with it, I guess it's the artwork I don't find all that appealing, the way the drawings are outlined.

G6

Robin Wood, there's nothing wrong with it, I guess it's the artwork I don't find all that appealing, the way the drawings are outlined.

I traded this one too.

FaintlyMacabre

I traded this one too.

That went so long ago, I don't even recognize most of it any more. And it was like "flavor of the month" too, which is a good thing to remember. Tastes certainly change.

Diana

JadePixie

That went so long ago, I don't even recognize most of it any more. And it was like "flavor of the month" too, which is a good thing to remember. Tastes certainly change.

Diana

It was my first deck, I thought I'd appreciate the 70's vibe but it made me wish I'd got the Morgan Greer instead.