Why can't I find the Victorian Romantic Tarot?

Sar

I have the VR. Lucky me, since I was too late for the BG.

Brigid

I managed to track down a copy of the VRG at a japanese tarot store last week (for the retail price!). (big thanks MoonGypsy!)

I just LOVE it! It's readings are quite quirky, but spot on! I really like the lovers cards, the standard and the extra both have a really strong 'I love where I am but also a drifty (what else is out there? feel') if that makes any sense... :)

I'm definately a convert!

enchanted spirit

Brigid*69 said:
I managed to track down a copy of the VRG at a japanese tarot store last week (for the retail price!). (big thanks MoonGypsy!)

I'm definately a convert!

Ooooh, VERY cool! I still can't believe how amazingly gorgeous this deck is, and yeah, dreamy . . . LOL and the readings . . . WOW! :surprise:

Bat Chicken

I was just going through my collection and picked up my VR Gold and remembered how much I love that deck. It is gorgeous and reads extremely well.
If you look around there are all kinds of copies around under $30...

canid

I had no idea the Victorian Romantic was OOP! I keep checking whenever I go to Border's but I guess I'll stop now. They keep their tarot cards & bibles locked up so you have to go hunt up a clerk to open the cabinet-it didn't make sense to me because they have so many other items in the same price range that aren't locked up. Then I feel rushed while perusing their decks. They told me that tarot cards & bibles are their biggest theft items! There's got to be something to that dichotomy...

Queen of Pentacle

I wonder why it had been OOP so fast. It was a good seller.

I will probably put my own Victorian Romantic (my regular one) in sale or trade in the fellowing month. It is open, but had barely been used. I'll let you know then.

Hope you'll found a brand nwe one in-betwen.

Le Fanu

Queen of Pentacle said:
I wonder why it had been OOP so fast. It was a good seller

Don´t forget that MRP are a smaller publisher. It isn´t like US games or Harper Collins or something. They were never sure it was going to be a huge seller and - understandably - didn´t want to take too much of a risk and end up out of pocket. Not wanting to answer for them, but that´s what I understand from baba´s posts and - well - the reality of the market.

Also, we may think it a "good seller" but AT isn´t representative of the larger market out there. Something worth bearing in mind, I suppose

baba-prague

Le Fanu said:
Don´t forget that MRP are a smaller publisher. It isn´t like US games or Harper Collins or something. They were never sure it was going to be a huge seller and - understandably - didn´t want to take too much of a risk and end up out of pocket. Not wanting to answer for them, but that´s what I understand from baba´s posts and - well - the reality of the market.

Also, we may think it a "good seller" but AT isn´t representative of the larger market out there. Something worth bearing in mind, I suppose

Thanks Le Fanu. Actually, the Victorian Romantic and the Bohemian Gothic both sold very well in general (not just to AT people, though it was lovely to see it becoming popular here) but ironically, that's why they are out of print right now - we sold what we thought were quite large print runs, by our standards, very fast, a lot faster than we expected.

We would like to reprint both decks, but the problem is the economy and the huge currency shifts right now. The margins on decks are very small (bear in mind that distributors and retailers take a high proportion of the retail price of a deck) so right now we feel it would be a bit risky to do another largish run. A small run is just too expensive per item. So - we just need to wait until things settle down in the world.

Le Fanu

Glad to hear it from the horse´s mouth!

The good news, of course, is that they sold. And better than you had expected, and - I presume from your post - that they reached a wider public than you expected too. Good news all round.

Aerin

Also, there are advantages to waiting.... in that often the cards change from one printing to the next (BBC, ToP).

Aerin

ps still angling for a Death the Bride death card in her VR