(8X4+4) layout v. (9X4) layout?

lord_ewin

With the 8x4x4 layout, you talk about the bottom cards being 'fate' cards. Just what is meant by that? How are they read? Are they included in the reading of the columns? Or the diagonals? Mirroring? I'm confused.

And to those who use the 8x4x4, why do you think this spread is superior to the 9x4?

I think it's a preference... like a style preference. There isn't one better than the other, and the middle column in the 9X4 sorta represents the fate cards...

What do they do? I find that they answer the main concern that the person might have in doing the spread, though I'm sure others will say differently...!! LOL :D -- though I'd read all the cards the same way I'd read a 9X4, just would have to adapt certain techniques differently.

Ronia

Well, I already answered why I prefer the 8x4x4. As about the fate cards - I also wrote it - that's what's meant to be. It will happen regardless if we like it or not. That's where fate plays and for me it's proven true. Like in my last monthly GT I had health issues signified there and they did happen. Regardless my efforts, they still did happen.

Tag_jorrit

Sorry Ronia, I guess I was getting cross eyed by the time I reached the end -- and thank you LE, for your patience with my faulty reading abilities. >@@<

andybc

With the 8x4x4 layout, you talk about the bottom cards being 'fate' cards. Just what is meant by that? How are they read? Are they included in the reading of the columns? Or the diagonals? Mirroring? I'm confused.

And to those who use the 8x4x4, why do you think this spread is superior to the 9x4?

For me, the fate cards are what the whole tableau revolves around. These are events, where fate has decreed something, and often set in motion the things held within the tableau.

So if you get the fate cards, you’ve got the heart of the tableau.

I do not necessarily think the 8 x 4 + 4 is better than the 9 x 4. I have tried the 9 x 4, and have used the middle column as the fate cards but it did not feel right for me. So I stick to what I know.

I think the big argument is symmetry, but I do not feel a need for such ‘neatness’.

alyna

I have thrown 10+ GTs with 8X4+4 but never have I ever tried 9x4, so I'm tempted to give it a try this time and I sure will for the GT for May. I have no idea how I will do it though but I'm sure LE will be some help ;)

lord_ewin

I have thrown 10+ GTs with 8X4+4 but never have I ever tried 9x4, so I'm tempted to give it a try this time and I sure will for the GT for May. I have no idea how I will do it though but I'm sure LE will be some help ;)

Sure, if you want some help. Or you could base yourself on some of the GTs that
I have done in the Monthly Thread. :)