4 of Wands

Dstar

There is some movement in the four of wands...or at least it is hinted at. The card on it's own is clearly a celebration, it's a goal achieved...another step up the ladder...but it's not a final goal, it's as much about new beginnings as it is about achievement, a new business, child, marriage...etc

The sybolism is clear...balance, order, happiness, celebration. The building in the background looks suspiciously like the one in the distance in the Ace.

So the celebrating is clear...but notice that the crowd are in the background...that coupled with the building now achieved but again, in the background, and the low number of Wands...Enjoy the moment, it's time to leave the party and move up and onwards.

Derek.

Flavio

ros said:
There are two people walking away from the others toward
the 4 wands. They come to the double lines on the card.

Are these people walking towards their gains OR walking
away from their group of people to make their gains.
I see the main characters in the card as if they are going to put the flowers in their hands in the array made by the four wands and contribute to make it look more beautiful, we can not see the hands of the small characters, if those hands are empty maybe they've already put flowers in the 4 wands and went looking for more.

This card has been called by my teacher as the "little treehouse" meaning this card refers to construction of a space were you can be as you want to be, both the consruction and spend time on that "treehouse" are time of joy.

Little Baron

Flavio said:
This card has been called by my teacher as the "little treehouse" meaning this card refers to construction of a space were you can be as you want to be, both the consruction and spend time on that "treehouse" are time of joy.

I like that!

Yabs

firecatpickles

I got the impression with this card that the viewer is walking away from them. Time has come to part ways, and we leave happily fulfilled.

The yellow sky is indicative of dusk, and the small group of people sitting on the ground (on the left) look absolutely pooped.

As the viewer, I see myself walking slowly away, not wanting to leave, but leaving anyway. Every few feet I turn around and wave back, each successive time my friends in the distance get smaller and smaller, but I am going off to complete some other responsbility, journeying toward the other fours -the swords, cups and pents.

KK

cdabs

Four (4) Of Wands

Jumping in on an old post....I have to agree with Kilts_Knave...it's like we, the viewers, are staying on the other side of the "altar" (for lack of a better word; the 4 posts with flowers draped between the outer two)....watching the two people in the background as they celebrate. I don't see these two as moving, but I feel like the other "party-goers" are mingling...enjoying the party. I feel like the two folks with flowers raised above their heads are posing for us...or saying, "This is how we feel!"...while the party goes on behind them. Their feet are not visible...an indication that we're some distance from them.

Now...we're thinking "wedding," but Waite's "Pictorial Key To The Tarot" says these are two MAIDENS with flowers raised...(p. 190 or http://sacred-texts.com/tarot/pkt/pktwa04.htm). I could've sworn it was man and woman. Other books I have indicate two females (probably following Waite's lead).

I wonder if there's any significance to not being able to see their feet? I mean, other cards show feet....or a foot sticking out from under a gown, such as Justice's foot...or The Queen Of Wands, etc.. Is there some significance to the idea of the "distance" from which we view these folks? It's like we, the viewers, are removed and separate from the event. Wow....I'm gonna have to think about this one some more...