Tabula Mundi Tarot: formerly Tarot "M"

Babalon Jones

Funny choreography in that vid! She has a great voice though.

If there are any other things anyone would like to know about, just let me know for future posts. I think the next one or one of the next ones will be about the color scales...I have been really into them lately!

mayan

I hate to be such a blithering fan boy...I just received the black and white full version of the Tabula Mundi tarot, however, and my tongue is unmoored. From the get-go I could "feel" the love, passion, craft, dedication, quality, and knowledge that has gone into every last detail, from the micro to the macro of the deck. I'm generally pretty much of the camp that feels that it's the folks reading the cards that infuse magic into the process but with this deck, I rethink that. I feel like there is already powerful magic(k) infusing every ingredient of every aspect of every card. The feeling that this deck was waiting -fully formed- to be created and brought to light. Accordingly, I am so grateful to you for "birthing" the Tabula Mundi and am very much looking forward to obtaining the full-colored one when it arrives on the planet. This is an instant timeless classic.

JylliM

I received my Rosetta in a tin today, and feel much like 'fan boy' above! Anyway, not to go OT too much, I want to say how much I'm looking forward to the completion of the coloured Tabula Mundi. The finished cards I've seen are stunning. Your decks are must-haves, and you've started me on my exploration of Thoth and associated esoteric knowledge.

Babalon Jones

the flecked colors of the princess scale

mayan, thank you for the comments about the black and white version of Tabula Mundi. I'm so glad that someone noticed all the energy going into it. It makes me really happy when someone gets it. It actually really did feel as if it was waiting, fully formed, especially with the decanic cards.

JylliM thanks also and so glad you like the Rosetta in a tin! Those tins took a lot of work to make, but I think they were worth the time it took at least to do once and I'm glad I made them - but I probably wouldn't ever make them again!

I'm embarrassed that I haven't kept either this thread or my blog posted with any posts about the color minor cards since December 2nd! But with work and the holidays and stuff like death and social occasions I've only had enough time to paint the cards and scan them, but not to also post much. And my pace on the painting slowed a bit but I'm still pretty happy about how far I've gotten since the last post.

I have been faithfully painting. It is winter in New England after all. A much welcomed easy winter at least so far for us New Englanders; we deserve it after the endless night of last year!

The last time I posted was around Dec 2; I had just finished the Eight of Cups, Indolence. I'm doing the decanic minors in order from 2-10 of each suit. I finished the Cups suit, then did the Two thru Ten of Swords, and then started the Disks at the Two (all of the Aces are done already). I've just finished the Four of Disks, Power; and am starting the Five.

I finally just posted something about the most recent cards at least and there are links to the cards to date on the site header.

This post is about the flecked colors of the Princess Scale. All of the cards of Assiah (Disks) have a flecked color of the Sephira, except for Tiphareth, the Six. The Two, Three, and Four of Disk cards of Capricorn have the colors of the Devil (the three decans of Capricorn). They each also have the colors of the trump for the planet that rules that decan.

http://www.tabulamundi.com/the-princess-scale-all-those-flecked-colors/

Babalon Jones

I started something new, to post on the home page the most recently done card in color, plus a black and white version of the card I'm currently actively working on. Or would you rather see the color card vs the same black and white card?

http://www.tabulamundi.com/

Spiffo

It's like Christmas all over again!

Alta

MM, thanks for re-surfacing! Just finished your new posts, enjoying your discussions of the colours and their references and how you combined them into the art. That Four of Disks just rocked me back, it is a powerful image especially with the colour added.

frac_ture

Hi, Babalon Jones -- welcome back!

I just wanted to add my voice to the chorus of those who are eagerly awaiting the full-color, 78-card version of the Tabula Mundi. I check your site regularly to see how the coloring work is coming along, and I continue to marvel at the work you're doing with this deck. My own deck-buying impulse has mellowed over the course of the last two years or so, but this is one deck that still gets it all fired up and fiendish. None of which is to say you should rush through the process! Patience for us end-user types is definitely a virtue, and all that...

Anyway, so glad you're well, and still enjoying the work!

And since I once told you about "Promethea" from my previous home in Los Angeles, I've relocated to your overall neck of the woods (upstate NY, anyway), and to be honest, I'm exceedingly grateful that it's been such a bizarrely warm and green winter season... Best wishes your way for now...