What card are you?

MystiqueMoonlight

Here is a great exercise to develop your awareness of the Tarot.

Calculate your Soul, Personality and Year cards.

Your soul card indicates those lessons your Soul has learnt and is to learn during all of it's lifetimes.

Your personality card reveals that about you within this (current) lifetime.

Your year card reveals that which you are to learn/develop this (current) year.

To calculate these cards:-

Personality card=
Add day of birth + month + year.
eg 1st January 1976 would be
1+1+1976 = 1978
then 1+9+7+8 = 25 (if this number is less then 22 that is your card)
then 2+5 = 7
7 would be your Personality and Soul cards.

If your Personality card equals a number from 10 to 22 you then add those two numbers together to reach your soul card.

You year card is calculated exactly the same way as your personality card except you replace your year of birth with the current year.

Your soul card is carried with you throughout all your lifetimes.

Mimers

My personality and soul card is Adjustment using the Thoth deck. I am an analytical thinker. I am actually an inventory analyst by profession. I am very organized, especially at work. I try to be fair all the time.

My year card is the Hermit. Basically, I have been rather to myself this past year. I have spent a lot of time exploring my spirituality. I have a lot of the Hermits qualities in me all my life. Sometimes I just need to be alone. I have always been like this.

Mimi

MystiqueMoonlight

Thanks for sterting it off Mimers, I didn't want to be the first :)

My soul card is the High Priestess
My Personality card is Judgement
My Year card for 2003 is Strength/Lust

Tallarico

Hello,
I have gotten 8 for my birthdate, and 5 for this year. Does this mean that I am all 8s or just in the Majors? And for this year, all 5s or just The Hierophant? Thanks..:T3S karen

isthmus nekoi

Soul/Personality=5
Year card=9

This year I actually holed myself up in my appt when papers crunch came. I was like a shut in lol. Never again.

Silverlotus

Oh! I've been looking for an excuse to dive into my Thoth deck. Thank you MystiqueMoonlight. :)

Personality Card: 21 - The Universe
In most other decks this card is The World, which is a pretty daunting personality card. But the Universe, my goodness! And the description in the Book if Thoth is even more confusing. You know, I've always concentrated on learning about my soul card. I think I should work with this card now.

Soul Card: 3 - The Empress
I think I do have a mothering soul, and, like the pelican, I give of myself even when it hurts.

Year Card: 11 - Lust
Oh my. Justice or Lust, which better describes this year? It has been a mixture of both so far, I think. Perhaps, when I look back on this year, I will be able to decide which card is better suited to 11, based on my experiences.

MystiqueMoonlight

Silverlotus said:

Year Card: 11 - Lust
Oh my. Justice or Lust, which better describes this year? It has been a mixture of both so far, I think. Perhaps, when I look back on this year, I will be able to decide which card is better suited to 11, based on my experiences.

Lust is actually equivalent to the Strength card not Justice

MystiqueMoonlight

tallarino said:
Hello,
I have gotten 8 for my birthdate, and 5 for this year. Does this mean that I am all 8s or just in the Majors? And for this year, all 5s or just The Hierophant? Thanks..:T3S karen

It relatess to the Major Arcana only :)

Silverlotus

MystiqueMoonlight said:
Lust is actually equivalent to the Strength card not Justice

Yep, but in the RWS system 11 would be Justice. Since most of my decks are RWS based, I was seeing this as a Justice year. But maybe it is a Lust year, if I use the Thoth system.

Tallarico

Thank You, Mystique..However, of course I did not read the title of this forum, Thoth Tarot. I looked at my fav deck, Sacred Rose Tarot. May I ask, please, what are the titiles of the cards in the Toth Tarot for 8 and 5. My deck, Justice and Hierophant, both of which I find interesting for me. Thanks again. :T3S Karen