ARLO deck from etsy

tarot heart

Well, as Astraea said, the smell did go away with a thorough airing and not all decks smelled anyway. It looks like a pretty deck but not my cup of tea :D One must stop somewhere.

yes, that's what I told my friend...this was a sign to stop collecting decks. He only likes Lenormand decks and now he has learned a lesson, thank goodness! :D

gregory

That wasn't at all what I meant. I meant - I collect Tarot decks. If I added any sort of oracle, the end would be nigh and the floor in my storage room might cave in. I'd bu it if I were into Lenormands - and deodorise as Astraea suggested. I've got worse smells off decks in my time. Chemicals are harder to eradicate than cigarettes.

starlightexp

huh.. Just bumped into the thread here and had to go check out my deck. I didn't remember it smelling when I got it, but truth be told I've never been that sensitive to that thing. Did a sniff check... all clear

tarot heart

It's bad enough to get a used deck that reeks of cigarette smoke where a seller neglects to give you a heads up. However, it is just totally unacceptable to get a brand new deck in this condition. This deck also has a card that wasn't printed that well, there is some sort of printing mishap as well. sheesh...

Hopefully my friend will be able to get a refund per the advice from you fine folks :)

gregory

Your friend will have to return the deck, too - I assume she has offered ? (and assuming that happens, the feedback will need to be withdrawn.) This has to be done by the rules.

tarot heart

Your friend will have to return the deck, too - I assume she has offered ? (and assuming that happens, the feedback will need to be withdrawn.) This has to be done by the rules.

My friend is actually a 'he' but yes, he is asking to return the cards for a refund. I am sure he will check into etsy's rules thoroughly. :)

Wendywu

I think quite possibly this subject is exhausted for now, yes?

Thanks,

Wendywu
Co-Moderator

gregory

It is always polite to remove bad feedback when the seller does the necessary. Rules or not. I left bad feedback on ebay once; it turned out the seller simply hadn't understood something. I removed it when they offered a partial refund as that was a fair solution. If someone fixes something they should get credit for that, even if it takes a while.

Oops sorry Wu - we cross posted :(

KariRoad

All Clear

huh.. Just bumped into the thread here and had to go check out my deck. I didn't remember it smelling when I got it, but truth be told I've never been that sensitive to that thing. Did a sniff check... all clear
:) Agreed!