Can one see death in the cards?

Padma

I am asking, as today I received Coffin + Cross + Scythe in my daily reading. Someone I am close to was undergoing a difficult physical endurance test today. It is called Mountain Man. I drew Mountain + Coffin + Cross + Scythe in my reading, but thank goodness, the person has returned and is safe and well (for the moment, anyways!).

But now this has lead me to ponder and to ask - can you actually read physical death in the Lenormand cards? I know the question has been asked before, but I can't find the link for this particular formation, Coffin + Cross + Scythe, which to me seemed to speak directly about a physical death. The cards on either side of the combo were Mountian (first) then the trio, then Bear (possible inheritance?)

As I am new to the Lenormand, and studying as much as I can, I would appreciate any feedback on this combo. What are your thoughts? Is this trio deathly? Thanks ahead of time.

YDM42

I am no Lenormand expert- but I can tell you that someone can see death in the cards, as it has happened with me on here.

I have also gotten the Coffin and Scythe are a quick illlness or even nap, depends on surrounding cards. I saw in your reading, not so much inheritance but the actual "Stress test" itself being described a burden being put on this persons heart or body for a brief period of time. I think each case has to also use some intuition.

I am asking, as today I received Coffin + Cross + Scythe in my daily reading. Someone I am close to was undergoing a difficult physical endurance test today. It is called Mountain Man. I drew Mountain + Coffin + Cross + Scythe in my reading, but thank goodness, the person has returned and is safe and well (for the moment, anyways!).

But now this has lead me to ponder and to ask - can you actually read physical death in the Lenormand cards? I know the question has been asked before, but I can't find the link for this particular formation, Coffin + Cross + Scythe, which to me seemed to speak directly about a physical death. The cards on either side of the combo were Mountian (first) then the trio, then Bear (possible inheritance?)

As I am new to the Lenormand, and studying as much as I can, I would appreciate any feedback on this combo. What are your thoughts? Is this trio deathly? Thanks ahead of time.

Padma

I am no Lenormand expert- but I can tell you that someone can see death in the cards, as it has happened with me on here.

I have also gotten the Coffin and Scythe are a quick illlness or even nap, depends on surrounding cards. I saw in your reading, not so much inheritance but the actual "Stress test" itself being described a burden being put on this persons heart or body for a brief period of time. I think each case has to also use some intuition.

that was really interesting, YDM, as certainly the effort (Bear) put on their body was immense. And even as I write this, they are napping (Coffin + Scythe). So I get that.

What I don't get, is what Coffin + Cross + Scythe means, as it seems to me to signify death - the coffin (illness or endings) plus the cross (pain, suffering, crying) + the Scythe (abrupt endings and no return.) I did use my intuition - which to me told me that there was a possible death with an inheritance to follow....which would not have surprised me at all, given the physical condition of the person who was undergoing this Mountain Man test. Which completely FREAKED me out! ;p Obviously, I was *hugely*relieved to see the person was ok. :)

But then after the rush of relief was ebbing, that made me think: what Lenormand combo means death? I would be really interested to hear what cards you personally drew here, YDM 42, that really DID mean death. Just so I can be a better reader ;) as I have predicted death before with the Tarot, and I was correct, or the cards were correct, so I want now to learn how that can be possible in the Lenormand...

YDM42

Believe it or not, I get the cross a lot to mean burdened or if the mice are near anxiety- this person might also be very prayerful at the time or indeed very blessed and watched over. Grateful is another word that popped in my mind.

that was really interesting, YDM, as certainly the effort (Bear) put on their body was immense. And even as I write this, they are napping (Coffin + Scythe). So I get that.

What I don't get, is what Coffin + Cross + Scythe means, as it seems to me to signify death - the coffin (illness or endings) plus the cross (pain, suffering, crying) + the Scythe (abrupt endings and no return.) I did use my intuition - which to me told me that there was a possible death with an inheritance to follow....which would not have surprised me at all, given the physical condition of the person who was undergoing this Mountain Man test. Which completely FREAKED me out! ;p Obviously, I was *hugely*relieved to see the person was ok. :)

But then after the rush of relief was ebbing, that made me think: what Lenormand combo means death? I would be really interested to hear what cards you personally drew here, YDM 42, that really DID mean death. Just so I can be a better reader ;) as I have predicted death before with the Tarot, and I was correct, or the cards were correct, so I want now to learn how that can be possible in the Lenormand...

YDM42

I did not draw the cards, someone here on the forum did, You can view it here- http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=175970

Title: Stunned Some1 Here Correctly Predicted Death-

I believe the cards where Dog, Coffin and Scythe.

The Original reading was here- and the cross was not involved.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=3127752&postcount=23

-- whip -- sun -- coffin -- scythe

Its crazy now that I look back at it, it was morning- Monday morning there was a conflict between my brother and his wife, he literally took the whip, which was a Dog tether and put it around his neck and hung himself from the fence, so the cards are very literal. Makes me want to go back now and look at those cards and what the Dog meant.

Padma

Oh crap. YDM, I am so sorry to have brought up this topic - I remember now you asking about this question, and in feeling so dreadful when your brother passed away...while I am very grateful for your insights, I am SO sorry, and I truly hope I have not provoked a fresh wave of grief for you! Please understand that I had forgotten this... :( (((((YDM))))))

I did not draw the cards, someone here on the forum did, You can view it here- http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=175970

Title: Stunned Some1 Here Correctly Predicted Death-

I believe the cards where Dog, Coffin and Scythe.

The Original reading was here- and the cross was not involved.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=3127752&postcount=23

-- whip -- sun -- coffin -- scythe

Its crazy now that I look back at it, it was morning- Monday morning there was a conflict between my brother and his wife, he literally took the whip, which was a Dog tether and put it around his neck and hung himself from the fence, so the cards are very literal. Makes me want to go back now and look at those cards and what the Dog meant.