Ace of Swords and10 Pentacles..dark arts?

Ethereal

I did a much larger spread one a question to delve deeper for someone who believes a close relative maybe dabbling in the darker occult arts. legacy of the divine deck. ace of swords the only air card. no fire cards, no water cards. the spread was actually all pentacles. got distinct feeling it centered around money, greed, selfishness. one family member in particular has had an unexplainable run for years of bad luck centered around employment and money. there is no explainable reason why this keeps happening to this person, who I read for. she believes another family member is doing something in the magickal realm to her. there are intergenerational deep family issues around money and poverty. one side more wealthy, the other poverty and extreme hard times

these two puzzled me
ace swords and 10 pents side by side. they conflict elementally, air and earth.
legacy divine

what are that Y has dabbled into the darker arts?

ace swords 10 pentacles

all cards upright

I saw the ace of swords as a possible athame here. I read it as rx or blocked. thinking that the sword in practice may have been used to do harm of somekind , ace swords doubled edged. not used for good. and, it was used on exteneded family members, due to issues around money and legacies. (10 pents). I could be wayyyyyyy off here, its just a feelng I got when I read. can anyone help me with this?

Ethereal

Rwcarter :this was a difficult read overall. all pents
in spread and ace swords in beginning of spread
i just saw this ace swords symbolic of an athame
ace swords is also double edged. more ace swords symbolic
of a sword being used in magical practice than a sign

rwcarter

You missed my point. "What are that...." is missing at least one word. I guessed that word might be signs but was waiting for confirmation.

summeryjoy

I'm confused. Why not do a yes or no reading for to confirm that they are in fact involved in those dark arts? This looks like a large reading based on an unconfirmed assumption.

For what it's worth, Pents don't hit me as indicators of involvement with the occult. They are too "earthy".

Ethereal

summerjoy: I think I will do a yes or no question...at least try it. tarot is fluid so sometimes yes and no is hard to do I found with tarot. maybe pendulum is better... yes, a lot of earth
thank you!

rwcarter: what are the *possibilities*...typing oversight.

rwcarter

rwcarter: what are the *possibilities*...typing oversight.
Possibilities. Got it.

So on one hand you have the athame's association with the AS as a magical tool. But elementally you have Air and Earth, which clash. So any use of the AS for dark magic would be weakened by the 10P, which could represent family tradition or honor (something that's passed down through the generations of the family). So as possibilities, I would say they weren't great.

Assuming Y is on the wealthy side of the family, I would think it takes a lot less energy to use white magic to better one's own circumstances than it would take to use dark magic to make another person's circumstances worse. Unless the Querent did something to Y for which Y would feel the need to seek revenge against the Querent, "I always have misfortune while Y has good fortune" sounds like sour grapes to me.

If Y is on the poor side of the family, then that means the Querent is on the wealthy side. And if her life isn't turning out how the family expected it would, she should expend more energy into finding the things she can do to live the life she wants than to focus on "all my problems are because of Y!"

Rodney

Ethereal

rwcarter: the elementals clashing. air earth. so that would make it probably unlikely. Y was on the poorer side of the family in childhood, now quite well off. maybe just sour grapes due to the struggle to become wealthy, thinking the other had an easier life. all in all, I do agree the probabilities look slim. what if the elementals weren't taken into consideration? would that change the possibilities that she has dabbled? just curious......

another thought maybe dabbled to increase her monetary standard. all pents in this reading. attaining it, and holding onto it, vibe.

Silverbells

I have to say, if I had a question like that and a bunch of pentacle cards came up, I would think that "the occult" was very probable. "Witchcraft" tends to do with the earth I think, and it seems to me that if the question is about witchcraft and you get cards that are all earth, then you've got some...earthy dealings in the mix (this assumes that we are making a distinction between Witchcraft and other forms of spiritual/"supernatural" work).
That being said, ace of swords with ten of pentacles doesn't seem to necessarily point to the occult. If there is something occult going on, I might say that, at most, somebody did something to ensure that one part of the family could not feed off the energy of the other part. The Ace of swords functioning as "cutting of" or dividing one section from the other. Meaning, there is no sharing of the wealth energy.
Not knowing the rest of the spread, though, these two card as occult dealings sounds far-fetched. It may simply mean that for some karmic reason, the querent might be cut off from the family legacy of wealth. The Ace of Swords could be saying that the reading is getting to the heart of the issue of her bad luck etc with money and employment and perhaps it is to do with familial issues but no one is really doing anything to her occult-wise. The Ace could be signifying the heart of the issue and then combining with the 10oP says: "Family legacy: that is indeed the heart of the issue; look into that but explore further because right now you've hit on the essence of the issue but not the breadth and width of it."
2cents comin' atcha.

rwcarter

another thought maybe dabbled to increase her monetary standard. all pents in this reading. attaining it, and holding onto it, vibe.
As I said earlier, it makes more sense to me that someone would try to increase their own before they would put out that energy to make sure someone else got less. Unless there was some history between the two people and one felt like the other needed to pay for something they'd done.