outcome/ final card question

roseinthewinter12

Tonight I did a reading for someone's relationship. It was a 15 card reading.

My question is in regards to the last 7 cards.

card 9 Justice in the position how the querent perceived the partner in the past. To me this reads kind of like the queen of swords. Honest, methodical, rational but without warmth.

card 10.Death How the querrents partner perceived the querent in the past. I see death as in the past they saw the querent as someone they were done with.

card 11. the wheel of fortune as the querents present doubts and fears. To me this speaks of the querent having a fear of change. They are unwilling to accept the fact that things in the relationship have changed? Possibly not for the better?

Card 12. the emperor as the partners present doubts and fears. To me the emperor represents power and authority. I Am not sure what it means in this position to be honest. Possibly the relationship has become oppressive?

13. five of pentacles as external influence motivating the querent. To me the 5 of pentacles represents loss. Something in the relationship has been lost.

14. 5 of wands as the external influences motivating the partner. I see this card of a card of conflict sometimes unnecessary conflict. In a sense the relationship lacks a shared goal.

15. Now this is were I got confused the final card outcome is the ace of cups. Now for some reason my instinct tells me to go with the ill dignified meaning of the ace of cups. In the lay out it is flanked on both sides my fire. The wheel of fortune and the emperor. SO the final outcome would be a loss of love. All emotion leaves the relationship.

Should I be ignoring the ill dignified meaning or should I interpret this as the relationship with suddenly become roses and candy. Reading one card in relation to the next is the hardest part of learning tarot for me. This isn't posted in the readings section so I don't want to discuss the other cards but only two of the cards have a positive interpretation and they are in the past position. Since I don't read reversals I am giving this ill- dignified business a try.

rwcarter

Can you post the layout of the spread? The forum software doesn't allow for spaces, so you'll have to use dots to sub for the spaces. For example:

Unless you laid 15 cards out in a straight line, I wouldn't necessarily look at consecutive cards in terms of dignity unless the layout of the cards lent itself to that ( like 135, 245 and 354 in the example above).

Rodney

roseinthewinter12

sure let me give it a try.

I hope this helps

rwcarter

I hope this helps
Yes, it does. Since you're only interested in 9-15, the obvious elemental triads to look at are 9/11/13, 10/12/14 and 11/15/12. You could also look at 9/15/14, 10/15/13, 9/15/13 and 10/15/14.

Visually by elements you have:

...A............W...
...F.....W.....F...
...E.............F

So 9/11/13 is AFE, 10/12/14 is WFF, 11/15/12 is FWF, 9/15/14 is AWF, 10/15/13 is WWE, 9/15/13 is AWE and 10/15/14 is WWF. So what you would be doing is looking at the relative strength of 15, which is the central card of the reading. Of the 5 triads that involve 15, two weaken 15, two strengthen 15 and 1 is neutral to 15.

Even without going into individual interpretations, that tells me that there's a lot of push and pull on 15, at best making it a neutral outcome.

Rodney

roseinthewinter12

Again this might sound like a silly question but I am learning. How would you define the ace of cups neutrally?

rwcarter

Positively, the AC could represent overflowing emotions. Negatively, it could represent loss of emotions as you've already posted. That sounds like a "Oh, I love you!" one minute and "Oh, I'm not sure how I feel" the next. That kind of emotional flip-flopping can be wearing on the person to whom those emotions are directed. So as a neutral outcome, the AC would suggest to me that the relationship is either not growing or is growing slowly in a two steps forward, one step back kind of way.

Does that make sense?

Rodney

roseinthewinter12

Yes it does. Thank you. Some things are already confusing I understand reverse meanings but neutralizing meanings as well I was confused.