Baralho Cigano (Brasilian Lenormand) - Card # 2

Fatima

Portuguese = Os obstaculos / O Trevo / Paus (Obstacles)
French = Les Trefles (The clovers)

French Meaning
---------------

Card shows clovers in blossom.

Quiet happiness, hope, luck. The clovers talk about a long awaited for happiness. The card guarantees sucess and acheivement in all aspects (of your life) and also means tha someone is thinking of you.
The end of troubles, the realisation of all hopes, wishes and desires.

Brasilian Meaning
----------------

http://www.sabedoriamistica.com.br/materias/oraculos/baralhos/baralhoacigano/baralhocigano.htm
http://www.acartomante.hpg.ig.com.br/sigcigano.htm

Card shows a road blocked by tree logs and banches.

Conflicts. Represents the various confused and adverse situations that we have to encounter in life. Such situations occur to test us and strengthen our capacity to face them in our attitudes and relations. They are the obstacles that appear in our life path to block the realisation of our objectives.

I translate and compile as I go, sorry for the akward phrasing.

My 2 main references are:

- "La Divination par les cartes du petit Lenormand" Erna Droesbeke
- "Apprenez a tirer les cartes avec le jeu de Mademoiselle Lenormand" Andre Stern et Chris Delor

Plus the little booklets that came with my decks (Mystical Lenormand and Lo Scarabeo's Lenormand).
The "Brasilian" meanings are from the net.

F.

MareSaturni

I've always been taught that the clover was an obstacle. You will have to struggle, but you can win. You have luck. You can't move a mountain out of your way, but you can push the tree logs away and keep going. You'll need some strength, but as the card says you have luck - you have what it takes.

Of course, it'll be more luck-time or more an obstacle depending on the surrounding cards.

Shuvano

I learned this card as follows:

Impediments to the accomplishment of objectives. Many times when this card appears it means obstacles have been placed in our life, to delay our steps or "to test" our capacity and/or our faith. Generally these obstacles are easily overcome.