a question about the fool's dog, help please!!!

ArcanoMáximo

"Or it could just want to be fed" Wise though Emerald! LoL!
Some authors say the Fool is so lost in his dreams that never realize the animal is bitting him.
Stella,
in your Marseille deck is there a dog? I obviously don't doubt of you, but I ever saw it like a cat or tiger, altough there are many Marseille deks i guess...

stella01904

MM ~ I call him a dog, he has that dog behavior of jumping up on people. I have a Heron and a Grimaud and agree, he does look a bit like a cat, but the behavior strikes me as all dog. The Noblet could be a cat, though, look at those extended claws...BB, Stella

Rosanne

Theres a wee part of my brain that tells me, when I see the Dog nipping at the fool- Hey Fool- look to the sky and see Sirius the Dog Star. Line yourself up with Orions Belt and look above it- thats Sirius the brightest star. You can find your way home if you have that information (and it is'nt raining!!!). But mostly I see it as a fox- a little foxy French Catholic Cardinal, biting at the Lord of Misrule's family jewels. "Off to see the Cathars are you now fool-I will hold you back!!" says the wily ol papist disguised as a Fox(not a very good disguise either... in my opinion.~Rosanne
To add I see Sirius in Rider Waite and the Fox in Marseilles.

Emeraldgirl

Rosanne I have noticed the proximity to the family jewels and the dog in a few decks (especially the Hadar TdM) Maybe the fool shouldn't let it all hang out and be so out there otherwise well have you ever seen a cat or dog playing with a ball?????? Ouch

ArcanoMáximo

...go,go,go Girls!!!
What beatifull insights have you given!
And yes, so wise Stella, the behaviour is of a dog!But he looks like a fox as Rosanne say too!!!Rossie, your interpretation about Sirius-the dog- is a really big one, poetic and wonderful, i’ll never forget it! Emerald: Yes, Ouch!!!:0...

PlatinumDove

Lol, I remember one time when I had a kitten, and my boyfriend was sleeping. Early in the morning, the kitten decided to play "hunter", and pounced....I have never seen a person wake up that fast, or scream that loudly before, lol.

blackroseivy

I view it as a sort of "necessary nuisance", an annoyance that is a warning voice - much like others here. The more it gets ignored, the more vicious it gets! - or, alternately, the more dire the consequences!

squeakmo9

good boy...

This pup is as vulnerable as could be, in color (white-naive, pure...etc) and in body language with his underbelly exposed to the Fool. So I see him as a trusted friend to the Fool, enabled with clarity in times when the Fool needs it the most.

rcb30872

I think that the dog is supposed to be a representation of some sort part of you. It is trying to get your attention by barking or howling, so to speak. To me it is trying to stop you from what you were thinking of doing, so to me it is a form of self-doubt.

Bec

ArcanoMáximo

"so to me it is a form of self-doubt"
hmmm, very interesting point of view, Bec, let me think about it...