Mercury Retrograde?

Baby Owl

The injury does involve swelling.

I, too, felt that Mars must be involved. I took another look at the chart and I now see that the New Moon formed an opposition (within 1 degree) with her progressed Mars, which is retrograde (I don't know if you use progressions, Minderwiz).

Baby Owl

Minderwiz

Yes I do Baby Owl and thanks for the info on her progressions.

I treated the rough time that you gave as a basis for an approximate event chart. The radical chart had Aquarius rising. The New Moon having quincunxed Mars (the out of alignment action which led to the damage to ligaments) was heading for a conjunction with Jupiter - which symbolises growth, enlargement and of course swelling. So I felt that swelling would follow the injury.

I treated your friend as being ruled by the seventh House of my chart, (Leo, so she is signified by the Sun) so the radical twelfth House became her sixth of ill health. I noticed that retrograde Mars was sextile to her sixth house cusp to 1 minute of arc - Mars directly affects her health. Mars also rules her 3rd House (Scorpio), which as you say is associated with hands - so the injury to her health is likely to be to her hand. Mars also trines her sixth house ruler Saturn (Capricorn) - even though the aspect is a trine I still take this as indicating the accident because both planets are malefic - the trine simply makes the injury come more easily.

With her significator the Sun having been in conjunction with the Moon (and still in orb) followed by the Moon aspecting in turn, Saturn (ruler of her sixth), Mars (sextile to her sixth) and then Jupiter (ruler of her fourth and end of the matter) - the sequence seemed clear.

Baby Owl

Very interesting!

I just realized that Uranus was square the native's natal 6th house as well as opposing the 3rd. Her 6th house is in Sagittarius, ruled by Jupiter, and we know the rest of THAT story.

(I used the Equal House system, so Uranus at 01 Pisces aspected all the house cusps one way or another. The most challenging aspects are to the 3rd and 6th, which fits right in with what happened.)

Interesting also that you had Leo representing this person because her natal Sun is, in fact, in Leo.

Minderwiz wrote:Mars also trines her sixth house ruler Saturn (Capricorn) - even though the aspect is a trine I still take this as indicating the accident because both planets are malefic - the trine simply makes the injury come more easily.

Good point about a trine between two malefics. In essence, it means they are helping each other out, like partners in crime!

This has been fun (except not for my friend!) I don't think I've ever seen so many indications of something in a person's chart before.

Baby Owl

Minderwiz

Baby Owl said:

This has been fun (except not for my friend!) I don't think I've ever seen so many indications of something in a person's chart before.

Baby Owl

Yes we mustn't forget your friend, I wish her a speedy recovery.

paradoxx

here's a link referring to other mars energies right now
http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15911

I'm a rising virgo (2deg), so this retro period is driving me nuts already. I'm having to reinstall windows onto my main computer, and I've already encounterd a few unusual problems.

I was born during a mercury retrograde (exact middle) so i am very aware that this mars energy is very different, just think of that "Simpsons" opening that teh family is racing after the couch as it decends into teh background if that helps at all.

As for the vehicle issues, I've encountered, and had to deal with one" before during and after this last mercury retro. Think of Mars Retrograde as Action/Reaction in teh physical realm wheres mercury is related to teh mental realm.

paradoxx

For some reason, my post above was posted twice, perhaps something to do with My mars in gemini. I just editited the text of the second one into this.

paradoxx

The answer?

The combined energies of Mars and MErcury going retrograde can be before they reach the stationary positions. Since Mercury in mercury rulled Virgo would naturally be related to travel, probably on the ground, this accident could be a precursor to more energetic effects. The Mars energy in retrograde is also a factor in anything anyone new that is initiated, especially given the close proximity that Mars is with Earth right now.

The other retrograde planets are just slowing things down, and that is a good thing. It makes the MArs retrograde a little more bearable, but that probably depends on how your chart is aligned.

Minderwiz

Yes, stationeay positions are points of tremendous energy and planets accumulate and store energy as they approach their stations.

Mercury stations retrograde on 28th of this month at 13:42 UT - so we have just less than three weeks to go. Mars is of course already retrograde.