Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 294 : March 18 - March 24

BodhiSeed

I'm in with the Animal Totem Tarot paired with the Organic Oracle - thank you VG! :)

Madame Squee

Please sign me up with the Deviant Moon Tarot and Trionfi Della Luna.

I am so excited!!! The majors & minors version of the Trionfi Della Luna is just about to land in my mail box... Happy, happy, joy, joy!

Thank you very much for the thread, VG! :love:

CharlotteK

Daniloff for me please this week VG 🤗

Scarlet Woodland

Really enjoying working with the Sakki-Sakki this week. I thought it might get sidelined by my mad love for the Halloween Tarot, but I'm actually leaning the other way. May well be a holdover to next week... would be interesting to see how it plays with the Phantasmagoric Theater (I think that's their spelling) or the Deviant Moon.

DaughterOfDanu

Really enjoying working with the Sakki-Sakki this week. I thought it might get sidelined by my mad love for the Halloween Tarot, but I'm actually leaning the other way. May well be a holdover to next week... would be interesting to see how it plays with the Phantasmagoric Theater (I think that's their spelling) or the Deviant Moon.

IIRC you own a copy of the Spirit de la Lune deck yes? Do you still enjoy and work with it?

I just grabbed a copy myself and was wondering if you found it's allure was more than just an impulse buy or a deck "phase".

Scarlet Woodland

IIRC you own a copy of the Spirit de la Lune deck yes? Do you still enjoy and work with it?

I just grabbed a copy myself and was wondering if you found it's allure was more than just an impulse buy or a deck "phase".

Now I think about it, it's actually my most used oracle :thumbsup:. I've been mostly reading it intuitively of late, but must go back to the book again as some of those spreads looked great. Definitely more than just a pretty face... but gosh, it is pretty :D

DaughterOfDanu

Now I think about it, it's actually my most used oracle :thumbsup:. I've been mostly reading it intuitively of late, but must go back to the book again as some of those spreads looked great. Definitely more than just a pretty face... but gosh, it is pretty :D

Just what I wanted to hear. I'm not sure why I didn't go for this deck sooner because it really is gorgeous and looks so useful and well thought out.

BodhiSeed

I'm really enjoying the Animal Totem Tarot this week (though the cardstock could use some improvement). Most animal decks stretch the characteristics of the animal to fit the meaning to the card. Robertson and Smith have done well in choosing animals that have behaviors or qualities that fit the meaning without creating a symbol that has little to do with the real animal. The great companion book is an added plus. :thumbsup: :)

CharlotteK

I'm really enjoying the Animal Totem Tarot this week (though the cardstock could use some improvement). Most animal decks stretch the characteristics of the animal to fit the meaning to the card. Robertson and Smith have done well in choosing animals that have behaviors or qualities that fit the meaning without creating a symbol that has little to do with the real animal. The great companion book is an added plus. [emoji106] :)
This is a deck I like very much that has just about the worst cardstock I've come across yet. More wrestling with the cards than shuffling them. But I agree about how the meanings and art are fitted together well and of the quality of the book. I've had some great readings from this deck.

BodhiSeed

Giveaway

I'm trying not to collect so many tarot and oracle decks lately because I don't have space to store them or time to use them. I recently passed on my Whimsical and Over the Moon Oracle to a local friend, but I thought I'd do a giveaway here on the DoW thread for the Oriental Tarot (since it is has non-scenic pips and not everyone reads with them):

https://rinascimentoitalianartenglish.wordpress.com/oriental-tarot-1845/

If more than one person wants it, I'll draw a name at the end of the week to see who will be giving it a new home. Just one caveat: since it was given freely, if you find you don't connect with it, please pass it on rather than sell it.