DruidCraft 2 of Cups

Horace

are the winds blowing in different ways?

A man and a woman face each other on a grassy knoll. They are looking directly at the eyes, holding two cups in a toast position. I noticed how the two cups are exactly even.

The man's garment is a deep rich green with dark horizontal stripes. The drape of it doesn't quite flow right. Part billows out behind him, but the fringe by his knees isn't moving at all.?
The woman's stance shows she's interested in "the dance". She's wearing a royal purple robe of gauzy material, slit to the thighs. The outline of her covered leg shows the thinness of the material. What an artist!
Her waist is gathered by a red sash she 'holds in check'. It's criss-crossed at her waist but is billowing out from behind her, as is her hair!? I am having a little bit of a hard time learning to think elementally, but how do the winds blow in 2 directions at once? Perhaps something to do with their emotions held back at first?

There's an upright rock to the side with a split that ends in a hollow. The perfect place to stash secret notes. :)

I'm hoping someone will explain the arch over on the horizon. I thought the markings were a doorway, but I'm not sure.

I don't know the name of the pink flowers, but the red clover they are standing on is a healing plant and makes a great spring tonic tea. This card does feel of springtime, something flirtatious and new. It's that feeling of newness, the excitement that comes from those emotions that make us keep trying it again and again. I sense a feeling of caution, and a challenge, here as well. He's standing as close to the edge of the bank as the Fool to his cliff, so he's taking a chance too. OK, I'm going to try this again..

As I think more about the keywords for this card, I thought about the pre-school adage:
Sharing is Caring..:)...Hh

fadestoblackk

It looks to me like the wind is maybe swirling about them. In the magic and power of the moment and connection they are having. They are having a private moment away from the village in the background. The rock is their meeting point. The designated spot where they go to be alone.

There is a lot of promise in the air. The wind ushers them along, into something new. They haven't drunk yet, they are about to. They haven't really touched yet, they are about to get closer. Something is about to happen.

Disa

Oh, excellent interpretations and so much detail I didn't notice before. I was also thinking that the wind was swirling around them, they are caught up in a whirlwind of emotions. Yes, I agree, something is definitely about to happen.

Sophie

love and death

Horace said:
There's an upright rock to the side with a split that ends in a hollow. The perfect place to stash secret notes.
I think it's a tomb - the Celts used to bury their dead there.

To me, that tomb just behind the two lovers - and very beautiful they are too! - adds a poignant dimension to the card. It tells me things like - love is stronger than death; and, death will come to us all, even to lovers; and - love lives but love can die - enjoy its transience; and - love while you can, for the tomb awaits you; and - to find one's soul-mate is to vanquish death, because even beyond death, you are reunited. Etc.

They are dancing the dance of love and death - of life, of continuity, of newness and of eternal endings and beginnings. A dance that has gone on since the beginning of human history...

Needless to say, it is one of my favourite cards in the deck.

Horace

It also looks like the wind has blown the scarves into a heart-top shape. Like one of those necklaces that are split...one side says Best and the other says Friends.

Fudugazi(interesting name), thank you.. I like knowing it's a tomb. It adds even more meaning for me. Till death do us part.. also that no matter your age, how close you are to that tomb, you can still dance the dance.:)
I have read almost every post written about this deck and the only reference to the arch in the background was made by Waleswoman in the favorite card section. She called it a stone tumulus and referred to it being a doorway for the dead.
Can you shed any more information on that?
thanks Hh

Sophie

Horace said:
She called it a stone tumulus and referred to it being a doorway for the dead.
Can you shed any more information on that?
thanks Hh
OOOps, I am so sorry, when I wrote above about the tomb, that's what I meant. That's what comes from going too fast...I must remember the meaning of my new name :D (tortoise). The tumulus is a tomb - both symbolic archway to the Otherworld, and actual burial place.

The rock with the split is probably just a rock with a split...and as you said, perfect for stashing notes ;). But of course we can say a lot about rocks with splits in them. It reminds me of Leonard Cohen's line from his song Anthem: "there's a crack, a crack in everything - that's how the light gets in."

Horace

Roflol

Well, it's good that you saw the crack in my head and let the light in!:) Hh

MysticalMoose

Wooooo What lovely insights into this card...You can just feel the PASSION in this picture ~ can almost feel the magnetic pull between them...As I looked at it just I almost expected the figures to move & embrace..I was soo disappointed when they didnt...Up on the hill, barefoot, clothes being blown off by the wind....how fabulous!!!! :D

Sophie

MysticalMoose said:
Wooooo What lovely insights into this card...You can just feel the PASSION in this picture ~ can almost feel the magnetic pull between them...As I looked at it just I almost expected the figures to move & embrace..I was soo disappointed when they didnt...Up on the hill, barefoot, clothes being blown off by the wind....how fabulous!!!! :D
You can make 'em embrace... just close your eyes and see it happen...

It's still one of my favourite 2 of Cups of all time. And I can tell you from experience that when you draw it in a love reading - it really cracks you open and lets the light in ;)

MysticalMoose

It came up this morning in a reading I did for myself.....Im awaiting the whoooosh!!!! :D