Tarot and Astrology: Enhance Your Readings With the Wisdom of the Zodiac

Red_Ocean

Is the Tarot and Astrology book really bad?

ann823

Yes it uses the Wizards Tarot to illustrate and it is a great starting place with integrating the two arts. The book is written in concise, easy language and the concepts become clear much more readily than I thought they could. I think it is a great book!

Manda has given me hope!

Asher

Is the Tarot and Astrology book really bad?

Not at all! It is a very clearly written book that brings the two disciplines together beautifully. It is illustrated with Corrine's deck, the Wizards Tarot (which has gotten mixed reviews) but that does not detract from the book's usefulness.

The book covers Tarot basics as they relate to astrology, the basics of astrology (planets, signs, houses, modes, seasons, elemental dignities), the Major Arcana & the astrological correspondences, the Minor Arcana and the decans, the astrology of the Court Cards and even a bit of Qabalah. It is the astrology and correspondences used by the Golden Dawn (in the RWS and Thoth decks, for example).

There are several spreads included throughout the book as well, which help in understanding how tarot and astrology can be combined in a reading.

hunter

My book came in. It looks awesome. I'm getting offline now to read it!

Red_Ocean

So I got the Tarot and Astrology book a week ago and I'm loving it :D

Manda

I am a huge fan of this book. It is the clearest, easiest starting point I have yet found for blending these modalities. The writing is so easy, the charts helpful, and I think this is the best tarot book I have read all year. I recommend it heartily!

Joan

Tarot and Astrology

My copy is on its way from Amazon and I bought it because I want to know more about how Tarot and Astrology work together. I also really like Corinne Kenner's books-I have them all.

HOLMES

here is the review on the atf main page

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/books/tarot-and-astrology/

Bonnie Cehovet wrote a good review that you will miss iff you don't check what is new on the website.
it got 4 out of 5 stars.
it looks pretty good ,, although bonnie says it is an introduction book more then an advanced book.

hunter

So far this book seems to be based off of the same system as "Tarot of the Vampyres". I've been using both books with my playing cards with good success.

HOLMES

i got this book today

What I liked about this book was that it didn't go into a lot of astrology theory but started looking at the tarot through the planets, then the signs, and so forth.

the only thing i wished it had was how to do an chart using horary astrology so one can develop a spread to find things. I am going to try to contact the author to suggest that for a reprint.

the spread look at mariyn munroe was good,, a new way for me to think of a using the tarot to develop a profile.

edited to add
she is a nice lady,, "That's a great idea. If I have the chance to do something on horary tarot, I will. Thanks" was her answer. :)