Page/Swords as feelings

hulpster

Hi there, what are your thoughts on what Page/Swords represents as feelings towards a person?

This card (Rider Waite) was drawn twice in two separate readings for a friend who had deleted someone on social media. He was curious to know what they:

A. Felt about being deleted from their facebook page; and

B. What they were feeling towards the querent generally.

I was thinking that they are feeling curious about the querent or maybe feeling like they want to contact the querent but are feeling awkward because of they were deleted.

How has this card shown up for you in terms of feelings?

Thanks!

Curious1

IMO, the page of swords is anything but awkward. This page is the most upfront, in your face and emotionally detached of all the pages. Personally, I think it shows that they feel they were unjustly deleted and when this page feels they've been wronged, they are not above revenge.

hulpster

Oh thanks for that take! Not sure if it's a situation that this person would feel strongly enough to take revenge but I have heard that this Page could be gossipy. Do you mean spreading rumours perhaps? Do you see revenge as an upright interp for this card or more reversed?

Curious1

Oh thanks for that take! Not sure if it's a situation that this person would feel strongly enough to take revenge but I have heard that this Page could be gossipy. Do you mean spreading rumours perhaps? Do you see revenge as an upright interp for this card or more reversed?

I don't read reversals, I read dignities and a single card is always dignified. However, the questions were how a person feels about a negative incident (being deleted) and about the querent with the same card answering both questions. This page learns by using logic, wit and strategy. Life is like a chess match and a challenge to be met…your querent made a personal move by deleting them, now it's the page's turn. They will most likely respond to it by using what they know. It could be gossip, rumors, an evening of the score by deleting the querent, oneupmanship by getting others to delete, changing their id in an attempt to sneak in as someone else, or something else entirely - but I don't think they will sit still and do nothing. This page is the only page in the deck who is actively using his suit rather than holding it in contemplation. Page of Swords is highly intelligent, persuasive and wants to know why - especially if they think there is a misunderstanding that needs clarification. Personally, I think the best thing to do with this page is to talk things out. Just my take on it…

samantha

I only read the OP so apologies if this has already been said. As a feeling (given the context) yes I can see them as wanting to work out exactly why this happened. This page is a sleuth and will use (various) means to ferret out information. They really like to be in control of the facts. On top of that I would say they were very irritated by the action - it has rankled with them and left them feeling prickly towards the other person ; *rubbed up the wrong way* and may well bear a grudge in the foreseeable.

hulpster

I only read the OP so apologies if this has already been said. As a feeling (given the context) yes I can see them as wanting to work out exactly why this happened. This page is a sleuth and will use (various) means to ferret out information. They really like to be in control of the facts. On top of that I would say they were very irritated by the action - it has rankled with them and left them feeling prickly towards the other person ; *rubbed up the wrong way* and may well bear a grudge in the foreseeable.

Okay great that makes sense, rubbed up the wrong way I link to curiosity - questioning of why. Perhaps she is asking other people for advice e.g. mutual friends. Or perhaps spying by trying to look at their Facebook, instagram account etc?

hulpster

I don't read reversals, I read dignities and a single card is always dignified. However, the questions were how a person feels about a negative incident (being deleted) and about the querent with the same card answering both questions. This page learns by using logic, wit and strategy. Life is like a chess match and a challenge to be met…your querent made a personal move by deleting them, now it's the page's turn. They will most likely respond to it by using what they know. It could be gossip, rumors, an evening of the score by deleting the querent, oneupmanship by getting others to delete, changing their id in an attempt to sneak in as someone else, or something else entirely - but I don't think they will sit still and do nothing. This page is the only page in the deck who is actively using his suit rather than holding it in contemplation. Page of Swords is highly intelligent, persuasive and wants to know why - especially if they think there is a misunderstanding that needs clarification. Personally, I think the best thing to do with this page is to talk things out. Just my take on it…

This was part of a larger reading. The action they will take towards the querent is King Wands. They also viewed the querent positively - caring, too good for them even (Empress). I have learnt that this King shows action but some ways down the track.

So perhaps they are irritated/annoyed now, fidgeting to engage in conversation (Page) to clear something up but won't (King) until they have gathered facts.