Knight of Swords sexual context?

Angelofearth

MY first thought about this is I can't believe you CAN'T see this as someone sees you as sexually. The knight of swords is so phallic and so CHARGE AHEAD in posture, at least in the RWS deck. I would ASSUME it was sexual in connotation. Your statement smacks of denial. What you DON'T want to admit.

I would say as nisaba have said, all rush and no tenderness. I would tread carefully around this person. DON'T under any circumstances underestimate them. I am increasingly--as I write this--getting the impression of a very strong, forceful person, who could even rape you given a chance. Be very careful, Angelofearth.

Barb

Barb I have been reading your opinions for a long time I have much respect! I will definitely take what you say into consideration and you hit home on a couple of points. However I have spent time alone (late at night) with this person and he has made no move at all. That is why I view it as he might have no sexual feelings.
Thanks, Angel.

IndigoWaves

I have spent time alone (late at night) with this person and he has made no move at all. That is why I view it as he might have no sexual feelings.
My initial impression of this KnS, without knowing any context, was feelings of anger/irritation, rather than having any sexual interest... Perhaps due to a past event/conflict that's seen as stemming from you, or just a sense of being increasingly approached in a way that's really not welcome, for whatever reason(s) -- like a snarling dog ready to lash out if not backed away from. So, if things aren't going as expected, it might be helpful for you to review your interactions with him... And also consider any potentially "touchy" factors that could be working against you, such as an existing relationship(s) on either side, or the possibility that he desires someone else.

Angelofearth

My initial impression of this KnS, without knowing any context, was feelings of anger/irritation, rather than having any sexual interest... Perhaps due to a past event/conflict that's seen as stemming from you, or just a sense of being increasingly approached in a way that's really not welcome, for whatever reason(s) -- like a snarling dog ready to lash out if not backed away from. So, if things aren't going as expected, it might be helpful for you to review your interactions with him... And also consider any potentially "touchy" factors that could be working against you, such as an existing relationship(s) on either side, or the possibility that he desires someone else.

I understand what you mean but I just don't see the knight of swords as an angry person. In charge, calculating, and full of air but not irritation. I do see a frustration and I'm sure this person is attracted to other people but I am certainly not getting in the way of that. Trust me he makes whatever choice he wants to make regardless of others.

Ace

Barb I have been reading your opinions for a long time I have much respect! I will definitely take what you say into consideration and you hit home on a couple of points. However I have spent time alone (late at night) with this person and he has made no move at all. That is why I view it as he might have no sexual feelings.
Thanks, Angel.

I see! I wonder if it means YOU want to just "JUMP HIS BONES"as a friend used to say. Just grab the moment and start something sexy. But if he has not, it may not be YOU, it may be HE is just not sexual--NOT disinterested in YOU, just not having ANY sexual feelings at all.

Question: do you read reversals? If not, that may be what is happening here. KnS Rx would DEFINITELY Show he doesn't feel anything at all. While, KnS would again (IMHO) say, JUMP!

barb

IndigoWaves

I understand what you mean but I just don't see the knight of swords as an angry person. In charge, calculating, and full of air but not irritation. I do see a frustration and I'm sure this person is attracted to other people but I am certainly not getting in the way of that. Trust me he makes whatever choice he wants to make regardless of others.
Cold, controlled and calculating is more the domain of the King and Queen of Swords; Knights aren't as levelheaded or subdued and can easily fly off the handle when sufficiently provoked.

...Which now reminds me of how I felt about a guy whose attraction to me suddenly "amped up" after an unrequited love of mine moved away... And his obvious attention just kept painfully highlighting the fact that the attention I actually wanted (from the other person) was now impossible... Which made me extremely irritated with him, crackling with rage, at times... But he was frustratingly clueless for a long time, as I struggled to maintain composure... So, I wonder something similar -- a stress-inducing, unrequited love for someone else that he may not even have revealed -- could be going on for this Knight of Swords guy?

Another possibility, if either of you is already in a relationship, is that he strongly dislikes the notion of infidelity, breeding anger when he feels pursued by you. Even if he'd been "open" to such things in the past, he may have since changed his tune.

Angelofearth

I see! I wonder if it means YOU want to just "JUMP HIS BONES"as a friend used to say. Just grab the moment and start something sexy. But if he has not, it may not be YOU, it may be HE is just not sexual--NOT disinterested in YOU, just not having ANY sexual feelings at all.

Question: do you read reversals? If not, that may be what is happening here. KnS Rx would DEFINITELY Show he doesn't feel anything at all. While, KnS would again (IMHO) say, JUMP!

barb

If there is one thing I know is that this person is very sexual. No doubt about that. Also my tarot cards always answer the question I ask and I asked about his sexual feelings not my own. I don't read reversals so you make a good point there. I think just not having sexual feelings towards me is the most apt opinion.

Angelofearth

Cold, controlled and calculating is more the domain of the King and Queen of Swords; Knights aren't as levelheaded or subdued and can easily fly off the handle when sufficiently provoked.

...Which now reminds me of how I felt about a guy whose attraction to me suddenly "amped up" after an unrequited love of mine moved away... And his obvious attention just kept painfully highlighting the fact that the attention I actually wanted (from the other person) was now impossible... Which made me extremely irritated with him, crackling with rage, at times... But he was frustratingly clueless for a long time, as I struggled to maintain composure... So, I wonder something similar -- a stress-inducing, unrequited love for someone else that he may not even have revealed -- could be going on for this Knight of Swords guy?

Another possibility, if either of you is already in a relationship, is that he strongly dislikes the notion of infidelity, breeding anger when he feels pursued by you. Even if he'd been "open" to such things in the past, he may have since changed his tune.

Neither one of us is in a relationship so that is not it. Something very recently just happened that made me realize just how comfortable he is around me. Also he is a friend that I hang out with quite a bit. He comes to me and I come to him so I don't see him as being so angry with me about attention. I honestly think he just doesn't have any sexual feelings so that is how I'm going to read it for now.

EmpyreanKnight

Warning! The succeeding text is going to be highly explicit, so avert thine eyes if you think it may offend your sensibilities. And yep, I've pared it down to avoid gratuitous vulgarity.

The Knight of Swords most fully embodies the concept of the daring, dauntless knight, and as Air of Air (at least in the RWS system) he may attain primacy among his fellow knights. Sexually, he may also stand for a bold man (or even woman) who delights in dominating in bed and in taming and training his partner so that his orders will be obeyed without question. He may also derive great pleasure in rough physical subjugation and meting out imaginative punishments like so much candy. He delights in making people succumb, in "breaking" their spirits, and may even indulge in some humiliation or even cuckolding. He is virile, vigorous, merciless, and blessed with exceptional stamina. Tho unrelentingly passionate, being a denizen of the court of the intellect he knows precisely what he's doing. BDSM (with the whips, leather, and metal) and pony play may be attributed to this card.

On the flip side, he may be a bit selfish. He may focus on his pleasures to the exclusion of all else, wham-bam-thank-you-maam. He may also suffer from premature ejaculation.

SaturnCeleste

I believe that Daily Tarot girl has written a blog post about the court cards in bed.
Thank you! Thank you! That was brilliant. I'll never think of the court cards the same again.