CBD Tarot de Marseille - new Conver restoration

garmonbozia

Yoav,

I've received my deck and it is really really great. I've not had much time to study it yet, but my initial impressions are that this is easily the best Conver deck I own or have seen. It is a perfect complement to the Heron deck.

Great choice of card stock too. Seems like such a minor detail to some, but it's an important one to me. I really like this one.

for a fuller text - i have just signed a contract with a translator to translate into english a 300 pages book i wrote on the theory and practice of tarot reading using marseille cards (including CBD) and what i call "open reading". i will make the text available in electronic form when ready - a matter of some months. in a short form what the book says is: look at the cards and let them speak to you. let them also teach you how to read them.

This I cannot wait for! There is a serious dearth of English language TdM books in print. If your book details the method you've summarized, I think this will be a must read.

Will it be available in physical form as well?

Yoav Ben-Dov

thank you garmonbozia!

Yoav,

If your book details the method you've summarized, I think this will be a must read.

Will it be available in physical form as well?

yes, i think i will just skip dealing with publishing houses and publish myself on amazon print-on-demand. any tips or suggestions?

while at it, may i suggest to you and to others who got the CBD cards to pay some attention to the extra "blank frame" card. initially i didn't write anything about it, because i was interested to see what ways of using it people will come up with by themselves. conclusions so far: apparently it is necessary to draw people's attention to it explicitely, otherwise they just put it away and ignore it. on the other hand, once i do so, there are some very interesting experiences..

Wendywu

Yes - I have a query - can you make sure it is available on Amazon UK please? I really do want to read it, but need it to be available to me here or shipping makes the cost quite a lot :). If I have to I will buy it from US Amazon but would prefer UK. It may be that it will be available on all Amazons automatically; I don't know about these things, I'm afraid.

Yoav Ben-Dov

neither do i! but thanks, i will consider this point. anyway, the book is not there yet (i am editing the translationand then will have to take a professional editor), i will notify when it is done.

garmonbozia

yes, i think i will just skip dealing with publishing houses and publish myself on amazon print-on-demand. any tips or suggestions?

I've never used Amazon's print-on-demand service. I don't think I knew they had one, actually. Although I have purchased a cd from Amazon like this, not sure if it was called burn-on-demand or something similar.

I have purchased a print-on-demand book from Lulu and was pleased with what I received, but it was expensive. Not sure if that was because it was an expensive book, or if Lulu is an expensive service.

I am sure Amazon's service would be comparable if not actually better. Being a much bigger operation, they are probably able to operate their service at a cheaper cost. If it was available from Amazon this way, I would definitely buy it as long as the price was affordable.

Richard

The beautiful CBD is my favorite TdM, and I would enthusiastically welcome a book by the author, provided it is not too expensive.

SweetIsTheTruth

I just placed my order. I can't wait to receive it. I know it's going to knock my socks off.

SweetIsTheTruth

I received my copy of the CDB Tarot de Marseille today. I've been too busy to post about it. This deck is stunningly beautiful. It was extremely well packaged for shipping as well. I am biased towards the Grimauds, for the deep blue colors, since a Grimaud was the first TdM I purchased about 28 years ago. I had to step a bit outside my comfort zone to order the CDB with the light blue and green tones throughout the deck. I am so glad I did step outside of that comfort zone. This deck is perfect. The coloring is perfect. It will be particularly helpful in using Mel's Methods of pip reading, since the swords in the courts are red and the batons in the courts are green. I will never, ever, EVER get rid of the included business card either. No trimming is necessary on this one, which saves me quite a bit of work. And the backs are extremely subdued, as I prefer. I know we don't read the backs, but I can definitely appreciate the non-garish backs which do not draw attention.

I am so glad I bought this deck.

momentarylight

I intend to purchase this deck as well. The colours are simply beautiful going from the pictures in the Aeclectic review. Colours are always important to me.

Does one still purchase direct from the deck creator?