Legend: The Arthurian Study Group - The Moon

WalesWoman

Had another thought pop in about the web, tracery of the trees...veins, artieries, the connection with blood...and feminity. I know that isn't any big news....the feminine connection, "moon" time, etc., but the first time I SAW that connection with the trees and the reflection in the emotions, the surface of them also being the root.

Sophie-David

There are some Moon references located in the Judgement thread at posts #3, 12, 14, and 15.

inanna_tarot

Wonderful comments already have already been made about this card, and this very interesting character in the tales! Hell, all of them are interesting LOL

Morgan sits on a rock, arms up, but with her feet in the pool of water. To a druid in training me, I can see her sitting there imitating the trees, reaching high up in the air, and dipping their roots into the pool, the collective pool of the unconsious. Trees are very special, trees are often seen as a living 'bridge between the worlds' - joining the underworld, the physical world, and the world above, the skys and the stars.
Course, with a position and tapping into these forces as Morgan does, there comes the responsibilities as well - the raven perhaps? Or another symbol of the collective memory that is tangible to her?

The shimmer of the pool, the feel of this place makes me want to touch the card, reach into it and see if Morgan is actually there, rather than walking between the worlds and just feeling the essense of this place.
This place also seems magical even before Morgan comes here, with all the trees reaching up and tapping into this power, the important meetings of LeyLines comes to mind - but I know very little of that :)

I got this card yesterday, and had some amazing feedback to a reading I did, not with tarot sadly, but with a psychic and bibliomancy readings! I was feeling pretty groovy as you can imagine. Maybe Morgan was nodding with encouragement?

Sezo
x

Sophie-David

inanna_tarot said:
Morgan sits on a rock, arms up, but with her feet in the pool of water. To a druid in training me, I can see her sitting there imitating the trees, reaching high up in the air, and dipping their roots into the pool, the collective pool of the unconsious. Trees are very special, trees are often seen as a living 'bridge between the worlds' - joining the underworld, the physical world, and the world above, the skys and the stars...
This place also seems magical even before Morgan comes here, with all the trees reaching up and tapping into this power, the important meetings of LeyLines comes to mind - but I know very little of that :)
I think its very neat to have a druid-in-training working with us on the Legend cards! Yes, I think that both the trees in their three worlds and the Ley Lines also evoke the metaphor of the web of feminine relatedness.

inanna_tarot said:
I got this card yesterday, and had some amazing feedback to a reading I did, not with tarot sadly, but with a psychic and bibliomancy readings! I was feeling pretty groovy as you can imagine. Maybe Morgan was nodding with encouragement?
If you don't mind me asking - which book(s) do you use for bibliomancy?

It is neat when a positive card expresses itself strongly like that! I haven't been pulling cards in the morning lately, but as I am working through the Suit of Spears by dreaming about them, the card of the night that I am due to dream about also seems to sum up what the day has been like (yes, today was the Seven of Spears). If this trend continues, it will be a little scary when I come to the Suit of Swords! :)

Blessings
David

inanna_tarot

Sophie-David said:
I think its very neat to have a druid-in-training working with us on the Legend cards!

Well thats a good job, because I think your stuck with me :p

Sophie-David said:
If you don't mind me asking - which book(s) do you use for bibliomancy?
Well, I used to just use dictionaries, because a lot of books just dont have the vast vocab for biblio, BUT when I did those readings, I used the Lord of the Rings Vol 1! It was the only book I had to hand.

Oh your dreams reflecting the days and the cards, thats really cool! Obviously this deck has really tapped into something for you.
The artwork is so , well, seems so delicate and precious.

Sezo
/|\

Sophie-David

inanna_tarot said:
Well thats a good job, because I think your stuck with me :p
Well, Sezo, I take that as a promise! ;)

inanna_tarot said:
Well, I used to just use dictionaries, because a lot of books just dont have the vast vocab for biblio, BUT when I did those readings, I used the Lord of the Rings Vol 1! It was the only book I had to hand.
No wonder you had such powerful readings! :)

It crossed my mind this evening that though compared to the Sun, the Moon may seem cool, ethereal, even fragile, only she can cross from night into day. The Sun has his definite hours, the length of his days slowly varying from one solstice to another. But the Moon transcends the days, appearing in surprising places in the sky, at almost any particular time. Like our intuition, the spiritual gifting which manifests the unconscious, she appears not to be bound by the linear and predictable, but her influence can guide us at any time, waking or sleeping. Whereas the Sun is strictly limited to conscious activity and can never penetrate the dream world of the night.

Of course the Moon moves through night and day in predictable cycles, but nonetheless I still find her movements a source of pleasing wonder, and like a child I look up in delight at her capricious, playful, sometimes audacious appearances.

Lyones

Originally by Sophie-David
But the Moon transcends the days, appearing in surprising places in the sky, at almost any particular time. Like our intuition, the spiritual gifting which manifests the unconscious, she appears not to be bound by the linear and predictable, but her influence can guide us at any time, waking or sleeping.

That is so true. I like the way you have differentiated between the Sun and the Moon from this aspect.

We can gaze at the Moon for long periods of time and become transfixed by that beauty, I don't think I'd like to try that with the Sun.

I have a friend that can't sleep during the phase of the full moon (even if she doesn't check her calendar) ... it's influence can be very powerful on some people.