The World as "outcome."

wheelie

Might that not be considered a case of synchronicity? If so, perhaps we can add that word to the World card.

Yes, Ruby Jewel, it seems this case of synchronicity would apply well to The World card!

wheelie

I would say it points that the experience you have learned before, will help you in your new plans. Here you aren't like the fool without any knowledge, I sense this card carries experience and you will expand your horizons with the new plans you have in mind.

So true, so true, Prilica. Although this would be a new course, the general concepts and movements are familiar to me from teaching literature classes!

Ruby Jewel

I think I have finally figured out the "Using Tarot Cards" protocol!

If it's okay, I'm going to do a three-card spread about work and ask about whatever card falls in the outcome position.

Question: With spring semester coming to a close in a few weeks and summer semester beginning, what should I be thinking about regarding working with other faculty as well as teaching and planning classes?

Card: Original RWS deck: The World

My interpretation: after going through the process described by the other cards, the outcome for the transition between semesters will feel like a taste of heaven with many diverse elements feeling in harmony. The transition will not only feel like a new beginning but going up a level.

What other ways might there be to read this card in this situation and position?

Inasmuch as the World Dancer is the Fool...getting ready to dance off the cliff once more, maybe you should take a few chances...on something you dream about.

wheelie

Inasmuch as the World Dancer is the Fool...getting ready to dance off the cliff once more, maybe you should take a few chances...on something you dream about.

Thank you for expanding on the reading as well as the meaning of the card.

I will definitely consider taking some chances...on something I dream about...though I'll have to percolate on what that might be...

Ruby Jewel

Thank you for expanding on the reading as well as the meaning of the card.

I will definitely consider taking some chances...on something I dream about...though I'll have to percolate on what that might be...

I say never be caught without a dream....if you want to be the Fool. I love percolated coffee, 2 tablespoons per cup (laugh).

wheelie

I am bound by the laws of feedback to tell you that your reference to coffee spoons has meaning for me...

...is it synchronicity, divine appointment, pattern recognition, neurosis? You be the judge!...

From the "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"...
For I have known them all already, known them all:
Have known the evenings, mornings, afternoons,
I have measured out my life with coffee spoons;
I know the voices dying with a dying fall
Beneath the music from a farther room.
..................So how should I presume?

Politic, cautious, and meticulous;
Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse;
At times, indeed, almost ridiculous—
Almost, at times, the Fool." <===could be a real tarot reference here!

Ruby Jewel

I am bound by the laws of feedback to tell you that your reference to coffee spoons has meaning for me...

...is it synchronicity, divine appointment, pattern recognition, neurosis? You be the judge!...

From the "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

"...
For I have known them all already, known them all:
Have known the evenings, mornings, afternoons,
I have measured out my life with coffee spoons;
I know the voices dying with a dying fall
Beneath the music from a farther room.
..................So how should I presume?

Politic, cautious, and meticulous;
Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse;
At times, indeed, almost ridiculous—
Almost, at times, the Fool." <===could be a real tarot reference here!

Maybe synchronicity, like great poetry, is based on empathy. Are not the two, synchronicity and empathy, the spiritual impetuses that bring to bear such words as those that reverberate through the centuries, and then, out of nowhere, plop down in front of us, right into the coffee cup, just as we are getting ready to pour a brew?

In the tarot, persnickety intellectual meanderings, and pompous political rhetoric show themselves as obtuse and ridiculous...to no one but the Fool. Possibly, when the Fool encounters the Pope and the Emperor (laugh).

Since we share a certain empathy for coffee spoons, and no doubt coffee, here is the secret to my "small-town-renowned" brew.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAEj-FhGIII

wheelie

I like your romantic (in the literary sense) approach to poetry, the spontaneous overflow of powerful creativity (fire) and feeling (water) focused through the prophetic poet into the mundane coffee cups of open-hearted fools.

Someone I posted with on another forum says he does not believe in empathy.
The funny thing was that I could empathize with him. I should have posted that!

I guess my life is measured out in coffee spoons as the video you (Ruby) posted was made in the same year I was born!

Ruby Jewel

I like your romantic (in the literary sense) approach to poetry, the spontaneous overflow of powerful creativity (fire) and feeling (water) focused through the prophetic poet into the mundane coffee cups of open-hearted fools.

Someone I posted with on another forum says he does not believe in empathy.
The funny thing was that I could empathize with him. I should have posted that!

I guess my life is measured out in coffee spoons as the video you (Ruby) posted was made in the same year I was born!

I think empathy comes with a curiosity for life. When you spend time alone, or in your garden digging and up pops a worm who has been tilling the soil, too, and you realize the two of you have a common goal...a synchronous moment (lol)..... and words aren't necessary because you read each other's thoughts. Most people are caught up in the world of time. Empathy seems to be a matter of "this very moment." It brings to mind "The Prisoner of Chilon"..(Byron). You were born the year I graduated from high school. I'm #22 in the tarot, which is the Fool....who has made the Night Sea Journey and came out dancing in the World card...So, my life was not measured out in coffee spoons....it was spent jumping off cliffs...still is...because the Fool never grows old (laugh). So, I think the World card is saying "go take some chances"... that is what life is all about...if everything you do is according to plan, that is measuring out your life in coffee spoons, like J. Alfred Prufrock. Is that you, Wheelie? (being a Pisces, I know you are as slow as molasses....how did you get the name of Wheelie? lol)

wheelie

I don't think I have read The Prisoner of Chillon previously; however, I see here that his bondage became comfortable to him in the end.

My very chains and I grew friends,
So much a long communion tends
To make us what we are:—even I
Regain'd my freedom with a sigh.

I certainly empathize with this prisoner as well as with poor antihero J. Alfred Prufrock who does not think the mythic mermaids will sing to him.

As I grow older, motivation and dreams are so precious and easy to lose...so I won't take your charge lightly, Ruby!

Yes, I am slow and still percolating but I thought I was on a cusp between Cancer and Leo. I do not know astrology well. I know some of the Chinese zodiac. My real name is Alan Wheeler, though, so therefore "wheelie"!