Waterfall On Death Card?

Abrac

Does anyone else see a waterfall on Death, or is it just me?

-fof

Rosanne

Risking been told that I dissect, analyse and take these cards too seriously ;) Yes I have always seen the cliff behind Death and below the towers as a waterfall; where else would the fresh water from the river of the towers go? Now I jump in feet and all and second guess Pamela :D !!
The Lower waters are chaos- the changing manifest world and the higher waters are the unrevealed and together in the waterfall they are complete and can mean universal regeneration- running water representing life/falling water representing Death. The imagined troubled water at the base of the waterfall (which we cannot see) would show the vanity of life.....
...and the short answer to your question is "YES" I wonder what Pamela would make of my astonishment at her intuitive painting? ~Rosanne

RChMI

Following the waterway towards the cliffs, there does not seem to be a Lynn. As such, no noticeable waterfall. [Lynn being the body of water underneath a waterfall.]

It would be in accord with the Dantean theme for the two bodies of water to be physically separate/disconnected. Whereby one would arrive at the upper level by means of traversing the mountain/cliff through its cave.

Rosanne

OOOHHH I like your explanation much better RChM1- that makes sense!! ~Rosanne

Parzival

Waterfall on Death Card?

Yes, Rosanne, there is a waterfall, down and behind the two towers, only visible to the concrete imagination, following the upper water's flow away and down, with the setting sun -- waterfall and "sun-fall" together. (See the black shadows over the sun?) Meanwhile, the black banner blooms triumphant above and beyond. Just my present perspective.

wizzle

I see cliffs and not a waterfall, with a river running at the foot of the cliffs.

However, the coloring of the river and cliffs and land above the cliffs makes the whole thing wonderfully obscure, just as Death might obscure our vision of life. But then, life obscures our vision of death as well, doesn't it?