Tarot Cafe (manga)

truelighth

I pre-ordered Volume 5 a few days ago from Amazon and then next day got a notification it was already shipped! So that is about a week or more before it was supposed to be released. Very curious to the story! Fortunally I didn't have to wait too long, I only bought volume 1 to 4 a few months back.

truelighth

I got my copy of #5 of Tarot Cafe today and it is a delight! If you dont have it, get it :). I won't give away any spoilers, but in this volume we get to see more of Pamela's past. And for me, some pieces of the puzzle started to fit a bit more. Of course, new questions added. I have to say I was a little disappointed with the ending of the Leanan Sidhe story, but the rest of the volume made up for that big time!

And ok.. one spoiler (about one of the tarots featured):

Some cards of the Herbal Tarot in this volume

Alta

I have it now, but only read 6 or 8 pages yet. :)

AJ

Hope it is as fun as you all say, I ordered a used lot 1-4 today from Powells

Cerulean

Tarot Cafe Volume 6 out now...

...well, what will they dream of next? Did anyone notice the covers of have a small tarot card illustration?

Hope they make it to 22--although it looks like it might be a bit stale as a story to people?

Good luck and reading if you like this!

Cerulean

AJ

I've finished 1-4 and would be happy to send them on to someone in the U.S. in exchange for something on my wish list.

Alta

I liked the earlier issues because of the little tarot stories but now it seems to just be the very confusing and somewhat silly story of Pamela and a dragon and some demon. :confused:

HarleyQuinnX

Cerulean said:
Hope they make it to 22--although it looks like it might be a bit stale as a story to people?

Sorry for reviving a slightly old thread, but this is the first time in a while that I remembered that there was a thread here about this.

Anyways, the original plan was for the Tarot Cafe series to only last 5 books. When the author couldn't get all that she wanted into the five books that she was slated to do, she had to get approval to release more books. It's just a guess, but I think this whole thing may get be solved in by the end of the 7th-9th book.

annik

Well, by reading the 5th and 6th, I think it will resolve soon. The website of Tokyopop list 7 manga and I haven't seen the release date of the 7th book.