Pathworking group for newbies....anybody interested?

Zephyros

Should each individual use the same deck for all pathworking exercises, for consistency? Or is it ok to switch it up? (To be clear, I'm not suggesting there should be a rule about it - I'm asking for practical advice.)

Not everyone has the same deck, but I think it would be sufficient if everyone used the same Tree of Life. That's easy since most decks today are based on the same one anyway.

La'al quiet fella

First steps

Hi,
Thank you everyone for all the questions, answers and contributions....

To try and get us started I've taken on board all the comments, questions etc and have tried to kind of amalgamate a way forward.....

I see pathworking as a practice that will develop the person and so I feel it is more important that everyone feels comfortable with their own cards/decks than feel they need to follow any particular deck...Bridget's mention of changing it up seems a good way to learn to me, if that works for you...

With practice we should develop and so from using whatever deck or decks we feel most comfortable with at the start, we should then find it easier to use systems like the tree of life....

I think the benefits of having this group will be in sharing how we chose to pathwork & by using the same titled card, share the experiences we have with different aspects of that energy, whatever deck we are using....

so my suggestions are that we:
1. Use the universe card from the deck of your choice.
2. Try pathworking with the card in the next couple of weeks.
3. Let the group know how it went on the forum thread.

In letting the group know how it went, I think Jack of wands idea that we let each other know what card/deck we used is a great one. Other than that I thought these simple headings might be useful in helping us share the same stuff:

- How you pathworked (how you did it)
- how was the experience

As always, I am happy to be guided by others, but just wanted to offer a kind of base line suggestion where we can begin pathworking in the way that suits each of us best, with no rights or wrongs, and support each other by sharing the experiences we have.

let's jump in and give it a go.

Please do say if this doesn't seem a good way to go...

La'al quiet fella

Not everyone has the same deck, but I think it would be sufficient if everyone used the same Tree of Life. That's easy since most decks today are based on the same one anyway.

I know we are a long way off using a tree of life, right now, but For me this makes sense. It allows us to support each other with understanding correspondences of paths and sephiroth that we couldn't do if using lots of different models.

Barleywine

Yesterday I started working on the "mental machinery" to get this going. I began trying to build the Vision of the Temple of Malkuth in my mental landscape and hold it steady in my mind's eye. The idea is to be able to call it up whole at will. I'm using the imagery in The Shining Paths, which is probably as good as any other since it includes all of the key concepts. I won't start using the World card (which for me will be the Thoth Universe) until I'm ready to approach one of the "doors."

smw

Yesterday I started working on the "mental machinery" to get this going. I began trying to build the Vision of the Temple of Malkuth in my mental landscape and hold it steady in my mind's eye. The idea is to be able to call it up whole at will. I'm using the imagery in The Shining Paths, which is probably as good as any other since it includes all of the key concepts. I won't start using the World card (which for me will be the Thoth Universe) until I'm ready to approach one of the "doors."

Now that seems an orderly approach, I think I have gone for more of a splat and see :joke:

Barleywine

Now that seems an orderly approach, I think I have gone for more of a splat and see :joke:

I'll get to the "splat and see" but I have a healthy respect for anything "astral" so I wanted to bulk up a liitle bit first :)

TarotRNJess

I haven't started yet, as I was in the ER all day yesterday. I have a question regarding the tree of life (and I apologize if this is dumb). I know of the Tree of Life, but when you mention using the "same" one, all of a sudden I wasn't so sure I knew what you were talking about.. Can someone expand on this so I can have full understanding before I start today?

Barleywine

I haven't started yet, as I was in the ER all day yesterday. I have a question regarding the tree of life (and I apologize if this is dumb). I know of the Tree of Life, but when you mention using the "same" one, all of a sudden I wasn't so sure I knew what you were talking about.. Can someone expand on this so I can have full understanding before I start today?

That's a reasonable question; I'd like to know what other Trees are commonly in use beside this one:

http://dcsymbols.com/TOL/tree3.htm

La'al quiet fella

Thanks

I can't have a go at pathworking until after the weekend, but I just wanted to say thanks to barleywine, jack of wands & SMW for showing us the way.

I think their sharing is of value to us all, if well ahead of where I'm sure I'll be at on my first attempt.

La'al quiet fella

Hi,
The tree as posted by Barleywine is the most commonly used one, so if everyone is okay with that, we'll use that one?

I think Zephyros was just making sure we'd thought about it as there are other trees less commonly used, but this tree is used mainly as it is the tree the GD used and so has more correspondences worked out than the less used ones.