Get your head out the clouds

FeatherWings

I remember this saying “get your head out the clouds” growing up. My mother said it all the time when we drifted off somewhere. So today I was called by the heavy clouds due to the coming rain. I always try to see what is in the clouds but I normally just make things up. Today the clouds called me to the window more times than once. I decided to take pictures of the clouds because I was unable to see anything. I zoomed into the photo's and I promise I seen a whole different universe full of faces and small homes. Many faces that were completely clear to see. One was of an old dwarf with a huge nose and pointed ears holding a baby in a way of protection. I zoomed over to see what the dwarf was looking up at, I am not sure if this is what this was, a dwarf but that is what it looked like to me. The strange thing when I zoomed up. A witch that looked like the old witches in the fairytales but this one with her huge pointed nose and big eyes was a little pretty. I opened another photo that was of another group of clouds and seen the face of Christ holding the devils head with another evil face behind Christ but looking away. In another cloud it was the face of an old western man of authority like back into the day with the army suits of a distant past. Many more faces were amongst the clouds. The strange thing is their appearance was not of this world but human figures. That brought me to believe that in the clouds is a whole different dimension. How I wish I could upload the photos.
What are your thoughts on this?

zayats

Hey, that's so interesting, FeatherW. Can you upload the photos??

I'm afraid there's not much I can say about the clouds, but the funny thing is I came across your post just after reading on magic and Wicca and currently I'm also into exploring the phenomenon of NDE; and what you said about the clouds immediately brought some associations. First, that there are parallel worlds out there, also reflections of ourselves or different versions of ourselves. The other is we can tap into that realm and change what we have here, doing it from above. There are forces of different energy, good and evil, for sake of simplicity and it's all out there but we decide which ones we connect with or work with to manifest them here upon Earth. Maybe it's a reminder to use your will, magic and tap into that potential in the other realm to change things for your own benefit??

I'd be very curious to see the photos.

FeatherWings

Hey, that's so interesting, FeatherW. Can you upload the photos??

I'm afraid there's not much I can say about the clouds, but the funny thing is I came across your post just after reading on magic and Wicca and currently I'm also into exploring the phenomenon of NDE; and what you said about the clouds immediately brought some associations. First, that there are parallel worlds out there, also reflections of ourselves or different versions of ourselves. The other is we can tap into that realm and change what we have here, doing it from above. There are forces of different energy, good and evil, for sake of simplicity and it's all out there but we decide which ones we connect with or work with to manifest them here upon Earth. Maybe it's a reminder to use your will, magic and tap into that potential in the other realm to change things for your own benefit??

I'd be very curious to see the photos.
I don't know how to upload the photos I will find out and try asap.

danieljuk

looking for images and divining from clouds is called Nephelomancy (it's Greek, Nephele is Clouds and Manteia is Divination). There is a history and info about it here

Search on Google about the subject and there is guides to the symbols. You can also look up the symbols on dream dictionaries online. But what they mean to you is the most important of all, but the symbol guides can help :)

If you want to post pics of what you saw, you need to find a photo host online (I like http://postimage.org/) and you can post the pics as image links or just the links if you struggle with that here. You can attach pics to a post if you are a subscriber.

The ideas about dwarfs and elves and that sort of folklore came mostly from Scandinavia and Germany. In some of the Scandinavian countries there is still a belief about the little people sharing their world. There is tales of roads and homes not being built in areas supposed to be lucky from them living there. I find your images hard to interpret as symbols because they are perhaps a sign of a different world or dimension next to ours or alongside ours, they don't really symbolise anything as something to you. Questions I would think about this, why did they want to show you this? what does this mean? is this a symbol or message to you in some way? :)

ritual

lol that is so sweet. I love the clouds and always take window seat while flying. I call it fairy land. I imagine all sorts of stories happening. One time while playing golf I saw the sun come up from behind the cloud. It looked like a dragon was going to gobble up the orange sun. Eventually it did but the sun was strong and tore the dragons stomach and came out.

my golf friends thought I was crazy.

regards
~Ritual

celticnoodle

OMG. I had to laugh when I saw this thread about 'clouds'. I was JUST about to start a new scrying thread and yesterday, while thinking about a pic to use for scying, I came up with the idea to use a pic of clouds!

I thought this because we had on our television some pictures that are generated from somewhere (hub set it up--and I have no idea where these pics come from), and while I was trying to decide about a pic, one of clouds showed up. It was captivating me, because I could 'FEEL' spirits around me at the time--and the clouds so looked like a roomful of people!

Now, I come on here to set it up--but thought I'd first go through all the pages here of posts and what do I come across--but this thread on clouds! :D

I think this shows its a good omen, don't you think? I'll come back here and offer the thread to my cloud divination/scrying thread soon. :)

ETA: Here is the new scrying thread - with the cloud picture. come & join in!
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=4280031#post4280031

Featherwings, I think because you like to look at clouds and you did see things in the picture of the clouds that you took--you'd be a natural here! I do hope you join in with us at the above scrying thread. It'll be fun!

as for our thoughts on what you saw, I'll need some time to really read it more and will come back. One thing I'd advise you is to look up the things you saw in the clouds in a dream dictionary and see if it applies. Generally this is what I do when scrying and I find it very helpful. You can google 'dream dictionary' to find one on line. However, for the most part, and especially you seeing Christ in this cloud pic, it would seem to ahve some spiritual significance for you.

GotH

Oh yeah! Clouds are the BEST way to start out with the art of scrying. I remember being a little girl laying on a blanket on the grass looking up at the sky and seeing stories unfold in the clouds. Peaceful memories.

@celticnoodle
Great idea to come up with a cloud picture for scrying. Maybe at another time, you can have people scry their own clouds outdoors. :) Fun.

celticnoodle

Oh yeah! Clouds are the BEST way to start out with the art of scrying. I remember being a little girl laying on a blanket on the grass looking up at the sky and seeing stories unfold in the clouds. Peaceful memories.

oh yes, me too. I can remember when we were really young, laying down on the merry go round at the playground and 'scrying' the clouds. Though, we didn't realize we were scrying then! :laugh: Perhaps that was my beginning in this ability! :D

@celticnoodle
Great idea to come up with a cloud picture for scrying. Maybe at another time, you can have people scry their own clouds outdoors. :) Fun.

what a great idea! GotH, you're amazing. :thumbsup:

:cool:

GotH

oh yes, me too. I can remember when we were really young, laying down on the merry go round at the playground and 'scrying' the clouds. Though, we didn't realize we were scrying then! :laugh: Perhaps that was my beginning in this ability! :D
Exactly! We had no idea.. :)

what a great idea! GotH, you're amazing. :thumbsup:

:cool:
Looking fwd to it! :)

tarotbear

I am reminded of an old 'Peanuts' cartoon where the gang is lying on the ground looking at the clouds and Linus starts telling them about the portrait of an artist he see, also the stoning of some saint with Paul standing to one side - all these intricate things. Then he turns to Charlie Brown and asks what he sees, and Charlie Brown replies "I was gonna say I saw a duckie and a horsie - but I changed my mind!"

FeatherWings - If you scroll down when posting - under the block you are typing in, it says 'Additional Options' and down a bit 'Attach Files/Manage Attachments.' You should be able to upload pictures (there are guidelines) there.