Tao Stones

silverwings94

They arrived today, I have to admit I was shocked as to what I got. It was the "in a box" version. I had expected the stone to be large, but instead they were about the size of a quarter and not made of ceramic but wood and painted on symbols. The book is about 2 1/2 by 2 1/2 inches. There is a silk bag divided that holds the stones.
Don't get me wrong here, I kinda like the smallness of them. They are light weight so carrying them say in a purse won't weigh down the purse.I haven't had a chance to try them but maybe later today I will.
Namaste,
Kat

tarotguy

[delete message]

Didn't noticed that this thread is on page 3

brightcrazystar

I have had mine for over 8 years now. They look like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Tao-Stones-Chinese-Meditations-Every/dp/1586637088

They have a box of some in Borders nearby, it's like a cube box and they are the size of a quarter. They are apparently a 2009 reprint.

Mine are larger though, like the ones in the amazon link. I have no idea if you can still get them, or if some sellers are just using the old picture.

Le Fanu

I have no idea how big a quarter is, but I would say mine are about 4 cm diameter.

I have the large wooden box version. I think they are made of a resin which imitates stone very well (even down to the chinky sound when they rub together). They're not real stone, and mine are definitely not wood.

greatdane

I have the little cubed box set

I love it! I got in a contest RachelCat had. The book is very small, as is the box, but that makes it perfect as I can leave it right next to my reading table and it takes up very little space. The box reminds me a little of origami, the way it opens :). I use it EVERY day before, or after, my morning meditation.

brightcrazystar

If you would like a companion oracle, the same publisher released their I Ching cards in a matching box, i jut saw a display of both today in their new cube packaging. those cards ROCK because they are just emblems of nature with specific coloring and the hexagram on them. I used them together for years until i lost the complete deck.

here was one of the prints of that micro-deck

http://www.amazon.com/Visual-I-Chin...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1297584163&sr=1-1

but i saw them in the cube today...

Now i just use these for I ching:
http://www.amazon.com/Ching-Sticks-Innnovative-Method-Consulting/dp/0934245398

They are super great.

greatdane

Got one of my favorite meditations

This morning, I drew two stones that gave me one of my favorite meditations. I won't share the proverb and poem, a bit long to type everything, but just thought I would share the meditation.

This is from 53 Metal/Fire

What we are, what we can become, is forged in the heat and struggle of life.
From the combination of metal and fire can come artists' wonderful creations-beautiful statues, bronze mirrors, or even weapons. Struggle and difficulty are not to be avoided or resented, for they help us to become.

greatdane

Just sharing one of my favs....drew this today

54 Metal/Earth Proverb: Better a tough horse than a swift one.

Meditation: The world you create around you - can it carry you?
Will it support you in times of difficulty? Like a strong horse, you need to build a world of family and friends who will prove true when the time of testing comes, as come it will.

AJ

Is the stone's word/figure? shown clearly in the book? Or better yet does someone have time to scan a page from the book and post it here?

I'm thinking like runes, it would be edifying to make my own stones but Chinese characters... incredibly specific as they have such a huge alphabet. and without the stones the book can be found just for the shipping.

Thank you

greatdane

Missed my Tao Stones

I gave them to a friend because I thought they would like them and I had been using them for over a year pretty much on a daily basis. I was lucky enough to find the SMALL kit on Amazon by a vendor that clearly states all items are included and the vendor has a great rating so we shall see....can't wait to have them back. Anyone else using theirs?