Pendulum WAY Beyond Yes/No. Spiritual Treasure Hunting. Dowsers Help?

dryadintheelm

Hi there. Googling for a forum to ask this question helped me see that this place exists, which is pretty cool seeing as how I love the tarot (though today's question is about pendulums). I talk a lot, so I'll bold the main two points.

I have to "way beyond yes/no" stress this again because I'm kind of amazed at my pendulum. I'm not very well practiced at using it beyond clarifying what I feel with tarot cards (and I very rarely use it for that, I wish to develop my card skill intuition unaided) because it refuses to do training exercises. I have a book that suggests developing skills with testing water purity, or finding dates on face-down pennies, it won't cooperate with that kind of stuff. When I used it to find a lost ruby, it worked amazingly well, so when I tried having my son hide pennies for me to find thinking I could train for that, my pendulum refused. I interpret this as my pendulum wishes to be taken very seriously, with the utmost respect and used for spiritual goals.

This is frustrating. I know that it has a ton of potential for me because I've found that it has a seriously wide range of answers. I used to get confused at how it would go different directions until I finally sat down and asked it to show me any answer that I could think of as a possibility and found that (using clockwise, counter clockwise, and an eight point star pattern, as well as a standstill for "do not ask") I get a full range of answers for: yes, no, rephrase the question, depends upon free will, depends upon random chance, do not ask, and danger or warning. It kind of floored me that it told me so much, I thought these things were supposed to be limited to yes/no/maybe.

Once upon a time, I could not possibly imagine any other answer it could give because how could it make any other shape? If it did more diagonals between the existing ones for more points on my eight point star shape, I would confuse them most likely and I doubt it would give something so unclear. But then one day another answer popped into my head and I asked. For "divine intervention" it makes a shape similar to the nuclear energy symbol, looping around like a six petaled flower. This floored me again, only much harder. Also, I'd seen it make that shape before and I didn't understand it. I don't remember the question I asked either. Man I wish I'd written that one down.

So, couldn't possibly be anything else, right? But wait, there's more. I started thinking about maps (got a bike, perfect for treasure hunting on the weekend). In fact, I figured out an exercise that would have spiritual interpretations, perfect for me to develop my skills and learn more about myself in the process.

Treasure Hunting does not just have to be money or objects of value. I can also find healing herbs and wild foods, things that inspire meditations or revelations about myself, new friends, places to clean up litter in, objects to turn into art or tools, etc. All of these things tie into my spirituality, the pendulum can help guide me to what I need to work on through this. It also shows me what I value, who I am through what I treasure. Obviously treasure hunting isn't a new concept with the pendulum, but I figured I'd share this interpretation of it in case anyone else has a pendulum that gets rather snotty about mundane issues.

So, hand drawn maps of areas I can access easily (no car) are in progress. The one of my neighborhood (only used three times) has led me to someone that needed help (moving furniture) and a plant to identify, so far. Today it told me to just stay home.

Today it told me to stay home by showing me four more shapes. It's simple. Using the eight point star with ovals instead of straight lines it says to move up, down, to the left, or to the right. Before I had just put it over a spot I liked and asked if I would find treasure there, and it said yes or no, now it's moving me around the map. Floored again. I suppose though that this must happen in dowsing, right? Map dowsers, how do you navigate?

So I asked "Are there more answer shapes you can give that I have not discovered yet". It said yes. Seriously? I guess maybe a figure eight, possibly even one horizontal or one vertical? Maybe? I can't see it easily doing a triangle, but I wouldn't have imagined it doing a six petaled flower either. What on earth could it possibly still have to tell me?

I just asked it to show me male, but it just stood still so I guess it can't do male/female. This thing is both excites me and kind of freaks me out. That seems like too many answers and there's more?

Any suggestions on what else it could possibly have to tell me? Are there maybe more answers specific to dowsing on a map? Answers specific to other uses?

(PS - I reviewed the navigation directions with it again just now, I guess lines are easier than flat ovals for it to make, it's reverted to lines but the directions are the same as what it used for ovals. It seems it just did the ovals to get my attention that these directions can indicate more than "depends on free will, rephrase question," etc. depending on the context of the question. It still tells me that there are more answers it can give, but this also lets me know that maybe some of those answers are in existing shapes but will change meaning depending on the context.)

Tychonus

This is a fascinating situation, I very much enjoy working with pendulums (although they are more cooperative with my fiance!) and I've never experienced this level of intensity myself.

yes, no, rephrase the question, depends upon free will, depends upon random chance, do not ask, and danger or warning.

Based on your list above, it is very interesting to consider what could be possible with this pendulum.

What about answers like:

Depends upon will/chance but you may ask for divine intervention
[yes/no/maybe/etc] but you will need to wait
Interpretations of time frames (in the near future, far future, etc)

Could it chain answers? Give you an answer as above but provide clarity? "Warning - there is danger in the near future, seek divine guidance"?

dryadintheelm

Yes, it can chain answers. It's been a while but it's done that to me before by showing one shape or direction and then very quickly making another. It can't do "depends upon free will/random chance but you may ask for divine intervention" - that got some "rephrase the question" answers that it does when I need to simplify the question.

But we have a winner on time frames! It did the flat ovals again, in the eight point star pattern. I have near future, distant future, past, and now! :) Omg, I'm so madly in love with this pendulum (made by a witch by the way, an old friend of mine).

I just remembered that pendulum charts exist. I need to draw some of those as well, I can keep them in my pendulum treasure hunting journal.

ETA - I wondered if the ovals would revert to lines again, making it another context question, and that didn't happen. Looks like this is the proper shape for time frames.

ETA (again) - No, given more time the ovals reverted to lines again. This time I uncovered "internal/external/active/passive". It seems that with context that same eight pointed star can give me any four answers I wish to suggest in a set.

I think this is enough. I may be thrilled and excited, but I get the feeling that if I need to find more answers, it will come out in actually using and practicing with it, now that I figured out a way to use it beyond only seriously important tarot card readings.