Way of the Horse ~ Card 8 ~ Desert of Inspiration

hopena

1. Describe the card

The scene is one of sunrise or sunset, in what looks to be the middle of the desert. I see nothing but sand for miles.

A dark-haired woman stands next to a beautiful black horse. The woman wears a flowing white dress, her dark hair hangs in thick waves past her waist. Her expression is somewhat stern, as she seems to hug herself, but the rest of her shows a more relaxed poise. She's barefoot in the sand and seems to be looking out for something. The horse beside her also seems to stand to attention.

2. Describe the emotional atmosphere of the card. What emotions does the card evoke in me?

I see a wariness, but that might just be me. The desert and the sunrise or sunset - the sun to their backs, as they look on at the darkened area - makes me think of it being the darkest before the dawn, when something finally clicks and you're ready to move on.

3. What would a physical manifestation (in you) of this card be? (i.e. tingling, gasping, smiling, headache, makes me want to run, etc.)

I feel slightly chilly, imagining myself as the woman in the sheer white dress. A slow, potential softening/relaxation, after a difficult time. I can feel the warmth of the sun on my back, and little shivers from where it has yet to reach/touch me. I can imagine myself feeling comforted by the horse beside me.

4. What are the mental characteristics of the card?

Tired, maybe slightly bitter or mentally/emotionally battered, but hopeful.

5. What are the spiritual characteristics? (if any)

6. What I find most appealing about the card

The horse beside her (she isn't alone out there in the desert). The sunshine at her back. Her dress - I like the softness and the fact that she seems to be slightly hardened, but whatever it was, didn't take her spirit completely. She's comfortable in her own skin; that is very appealing to me, and something that I would like to be feeling myself, once again. I can see, when looking at her, why others - men and women alike - are drawn to people to are comfortable with themselves.

7. What I find least appealing about the card

The slightly hard or look of concern on her face. The darkness that they're facing.

hopena

Picture

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m113/hopena_2006/Way of the Horse Cards/8-wayofthehorse.jpg

Wu Wei
Incubation and Illumination
Creative Limbo

How desert winds blow across the sand as an artist and her horse merge with this stark, expansive landscape.

The Gift

Sometimes doing nothing is more productive than doing something. Creative indolence leads to innovation.

The Challenge

That frustrating limbo between letting go of the old and giving birth to the new is an essential, though uncomfortable, law of nature.

hopena

I've just looked up the lyrics for that song from Enya:

Athair ar Neamh, Dia linn
Athair ar Neamh, Dia liom
m'anam, mo chroí, mo ghlóir,
moladh duit, a Dhia.

Fada an lá, go sámh,
Fada an oích', gan ghruaim,
aoibhneas, áthas, grá
moladh duit, a Dhia.

Móraim thú ó lá go lá.
Móraim thú ó oích' go hóich'.