Umbrae in an Umbrae

Umbrae

Monday June 10 08:21 AM EDT
Region will see partial eclipse of sun
By Craig Welch, Seattle Times staff reporter

Astronomically vigilant Seattleites might catch a glimpse this evening of a visual phenomenon they shouldn't look at.
At 5 p.m., observers can note a partial solar eclipse as the moon coasts between the sun and the Earth, eventually blocking the view of a portion of the fiery orb. This "annular eclipse" will reach its maximum in the Northwest just after 6 p.m., when the moon covers slightly more than one-third of the sun.

Rhiannon

Don't look!

Rhiannon :)

Cool though....

Maalin

Get some really thick goggles to watch -the ones they use for welding!

We had a total eclipse here about three years ago and I DID look during the totality without anything (very briefly, tough & squinting).

I thought I was fine, but then my so-called friends started telling me that the damage to your eyes doesn't become apparent until up to 24 hours later.

I spent a very miserable afternoon trying to feel whether my eyes were sore or not until finally somebody told me they'd made the 'long-term damage' up!!!

Enjoy your eclipse!
:cool: :cool: :cool:

jade

oooh, i didn't realize that we are soooo close to each other umbrae!

in light,
jade

AquarianGoddess

Umbrae,

Thanks for the info!

AG

lunalafey

DUH

Here I am on the West Coast and I missed it!!! I was probably sleeping after my long weekend...Where will the next eclipse(lunar 6/25) be visible from?