Equal vs unequal houses

AutumnMoonfire

Many many thanks, at this point it seems that I need another book and not a software upgrade. I looked hard at the program I have and it really does cover my needs for the time being.

I have edited this post because I submitted it before I was ready

AquarianGoddess

Hi Autumn,

Please never feel like you're a dufus when asking an astrology question. It's a very complex topic and no question is stupid. We're here to provide assistance and help in any way we can AND we were all novices' (and just as confused) once!

When I taught, I used pre-printed astrology chart blank wheels with the 12 houses evenly divided and had the students draw their own chart...then I got the question about the even/uneven houses. HELLOOOOO! I then woke up to the fact that I should have told the class!! Luckily, it was my first year of teaching, so I learned quickly.

In addition to what Minderwiz said about the 1st and 7th intercepted houses, when I see an interception, I use both rulers for those houses.

I'm drawing a blank at the moment as to which book covers interceptions...I'll have to get back to you on that...

Warm wishes,
AG

Minderwiz

I'd like to endorse what AquarianGoddess said. Astrology is extremely complex and it takes time to find your way - and I'm still trying to fathom a lot of things out.

Indeed as you read more and maybe subscribe to a mag like Mountain Astrologer, you will see that professional astrologers hotly debate the nature of some issues and there are disagreements amongst them about which House system to use and when or whether Astrology only points to psychological or inner events as opposed to predicting events in the material world and a whole host of other disagreements.

But it is also a highly fascinating and rewarding area and once you get the bug it is hard to let go. Rremember, no matter how much you do read, you never, ever know it all (or even most of it).

Best wishes

Minderwiz

AutumnMoonfire

Astrology was my first contact with the occult. I love it. I thank you for your help...It is interesting to get answers to questions that have been holding me back for years.

AquarianGoddess

Autumn,

I'm not positive but I think the March/McEvers series covers interceptions in the volumn that covers the math.

There's also a little known book by Helen Adams Garrett, entitled, Unlocking Interceptions. She discusses the different house systems and the whys and why nots of each system. Probably, it can only be obtained through the American Federation of Astrologers. It's only 62 pages.

AG

AutumnMoonfire

While volume 2(1981) covers deliniating house cusps I can't find interceptions in it. But it does lack an index so I could easily be missing it. I thank you again, but my 19mos old is sitting behind me in my chair pulling my hair! So this is a short post.