Deviant Moon Five of Cups

zephyr_heart

The full moon shines brightly over the man and woman in this card, who is having a quarrel with each other. Three cups, with spilled red liquids, are turned upside down. A red rose is also laid together with the cups and the spilled liquids.

She says something to the man in a harsh manner, her hand pointing to him and the other hand raised in the air with open fingers.

The man, sitting on the stone wall, doesn't seem to be willing to listen to her. He puts his hands on ears and grinning. Beside him are two cups, still remain upright.

zephyr_heart

When I read for my friend, she commented the man in this card about being "naughty and being ignorant of others"

.traveller.

This card reminds me of a stereotypical lovers spat over something trivial like leaving the toilet seat up. Making a big deal over nothing. The woman is shown as overbearing and ogrish, while the man is small and "hen-pecked".

Unfortunately, I find the imagery limiting. The 5 of Cups often comes up for sincere grief and regret over things that are not trivial at all, but I don't see any of that in this image.

callistoluna

.traveller. said:
Unfortunately, I find the imagery limiting. The 5 of Cups often comes up for sincere grief and regret over things that are not trivial at all, but I don't see any of that in this image.

I agree - this is probably the only card in this deck that I am not fond of only because it doesn't really convey that grief. But saying that, this is the artist's interpretation and it does show disputes/ arguments and disruption. The relationship is not going well and it is because there is no giving or taking. She's yelling and he's not listening or taking it seriously - which in turn is making her madder!
The upturned cups suggest emotional drama and turmoil but all is not lost. If he chooses to listen and she chooses to talk rationally then the relationship could be saved. There is hope for healing.

hopena

I agree - this is probably the only card in this deck that I am not fond of only because it doesn't really convey that grief. But saying that, this is the artist's interpretation and it does show disputes/ arguments and disruption. The relationship is not going well and it is because there is no giving or taking. She's yelling and he's not listening or taking it seriously - which in turn is making her madder!
The upturned cups suggest emotional drama and turmoil but all is not lost. If he chooses to listen and she chooses to talk rationally then the relationship could be saved. There is hope for healing.

This was similar to what I was thinking, when I chose the card earlier on. I've had this experience with someone, where they chose not to see their own mistakes, and one of my biggest problems with them was that I realized they just weren't paying attention, and that they hadn't cared enough to for a good while (unless it suited them).

This card could be amusing at times, but I'm not in the right frame of mind to see it that way.

bht96

There are two extremes; two polarities in this card. This really makes sense that this card is numerologically connected to XIV Temperance (1 + 4 = 5). Both need to move their emotions to a more stable ground so they can work out their differences (the woman needs to calm down, and the man needs to take things more seriously).